ten

"Reg?"

Sirius had tears in his eyes as he stepped forward to hug his brother. James held back tears as well, Lola assumed the two had been close before Regulus joined the death eaters.

Regulus was out cold on the bed, but with a small shake from James, he darted back awake, he eyes wide and fearful. Lola and Malia stayed away, Regulus had no idea they both existed.

"Siri? Jamie?" Regulus was sobbing, and that's all it took for Sirius to engulf his brother in a hug, and if he squeezed him any tighter Regulus would have suffocated.

"Sirius, let him breathe, and anyway, It's my turn," James grins, pulling his brother away from Regulus.

"Hey Reggie," James beamed, hugging him firmly. He seemed to be whispering something softly to Regulus. Malia tugs on Lola's arm, her eyes wide.

"What?" Lola hissed, keeping her eyes on James and Regulus.

"James and Regulus went out," Malia gushed, "James's sixth year. Regulus's fifth. Then Regulus became a death eater, and Lily showed interest in James, and they dissolved?" Malia finishes with a shrug, before running up to Regulus.

"Hey, I'm Malia," she grins, taking Regulus's hand and shaking it firmly. Regulus looks baffled, looking from Malia to Sirius and back.

"Is she yours?" Regulus laughs, ruffling Malia's hair.

"God no," Sirius says, stepping away from Malia.

"So, who are you?"

"Malia Hale. Daughter of Peter Hale," Malia chuckles, Lola coming and grasping her girlfriends hand. Regulus's eyes light up, and he lets out a soft wow.

"You mean the enforcer of the Hale pack in Beacon Hills. He was known for being ruthless and manipulative, yet apparently caring with those he knew. Why are you here?"

Malia puffs out her chest at them words, clearly remembering the strong Hale pack that dominated the USA. Lola giggles, introducing herself to Regulus as well.

"Lola McCall, or I guess you could call me Amara Potter, I'm not sure what you would know me as."

"Hi..." Regulus breathes out, and Lola knows he is remembering Marlene's letters. She gives him a soft smile as Sirius sits down next to him.

"Reg, Reg how are you alive?"

"Well, I. What do you mean? I never died," Regulus said, and he squared his shoulders as he sat up. Sirius and James share a look, and Lola finds herself on edge. Clearly they know something no one else does.

"Reggie, we thought you died," James states delicately, "Everyone said you died. We, well what happened, and how did you end up here of all places?" Regulus looks lost in thoughts, and fiddles with the bottom of his shirt.

"Umm well," he starts softly, "The dark lord created horcruxes. I went to find one, in a cave. I almost drowned and boom I ended up here. Kreacher must have placed me here or something." He trails off, finishing with a weak jazz hands. Sirius and James seem to be communicating with their eyes, something Lola and Scott had done many times before.

"Very sweet," Malia smirks, looking seemingly like her father in that moment, "Now, can we have the truth please? I mean, the whole truth." Regulus's mouth drops open, and he begins fumbling over his words.

"I...How did you tell I was lying?" he demands, eyebrows narrowing together in confusion. Malia just rolls her eyes.

"Werewolf hearing," she says, "I can hear your heartbeat. It tells me if you're lying or not." Regulus lets out a soft wow, before Sirius nudges him.