First Encounter (I)

The woman was not yet done courting death. 

She did not realize that the cruel grim reaper was already standing behind her back. 

 "Our boss is so lucky that she got three good fathers to contribute to her company. Is she still looking for another good man to victimize? Don't tell me, she is going to use the curse that her mother casted on those poor men?" 

 Who did not know Annie Chu? 

The famous mother of Alliana who was said to be a beautiful witch who never got old? 

Everyone knew of her conquest and failure in love, the deaths which hovered over her husbands and soon to be husband. 

 Alliana's sweet smile turned more sweeter, but her eyes went eerily cold. There was no emotion at all in them, which terrified the people around her even more. 

Her assistant took a step back to avoid getting caught up with the cold breeze brewing around Alliana.But despite the cold wind, he was sweating. 

 Oh no, his lady boss was definitely pissed off right now. 

 However, the assistant was more worried about the meeting. There was still the great Mr. Tan inside whose patience was already thinning. 

 The short haired woman did not realize the danger that she was in. 

She took another sip of her coffee and muttered, "Is it me or the temperature lowered again? Is the centralized air conditioner broken?" 

 The two did not answer. They were looking down on their feet. They were afraid to even comment. Their lives were doomed now. 

 "Hey, what's the matter with you two?" 

The short haired woman finally realized the strange behavior of her co-workers. 

 Alliana took a step forward and spoke, "That is such a nice greeting in the morning." 

 !!!! 

 "Yaaa!!" 

The short-haired woman was shocked to hear Alliana' voice behind her and hastily turned around. Her hot coffee spilled on her hand but she did not even notice due to fright. 

The cold eyes and sweet smile of her boss whom she just called a witch a while ago was the scariest thing in the whole office. 

 "B-boss..." 

The short haired woman hastily bowed her head in greeting, shivering. 

Her heart thumped fast and she wanted nothing but to escape this frightening situation.

 She wanted to escape from this place!Damn, it! Did she hear all those remarks? 

 The short haired woman recalled her religion and prayed to all the gods she had worshipped before. 

 "Hello, my nice employees . Are you all enjoying your coffee?" 

 The three was silent. 

They did not even dare to breathe. 

 The other employees in the longue looked at the three woman who was caught bad-mouthing their boss. They silently bid their goodbyes in their hearts at them. 

 Alliana pouted and walked forward to approach the three women. Her heels clicking on the tiled floor was the only sound that could be heard in the longue. 

Everyone seemed frozen. No one spoke, and no one moved. 

 "I am asking you, why am I not getting any answer? Are you all deaf, or did someone had your tongues cut out?" 

 "..." 

 The three swallowed at the same time, feeling suffocated and cold. They felt like they were facing King Yama's judgement after death.

 Alliana continued to walk around the three. 

 At this moment, another group arrived at the longue silently. 

They came from Alliana's office. 

 Seeing that everyone stood frozen without a sound, the man in the center of the group halted as well and looked around. 

 Why was the atmosphere so tense? 

 The tall woman continuously instilled in the hearts of the three women the word called fear. 

"But I am sure that all of you could speak. I heard every little thing that came out of your mouths just a few moments ago. So why are you acting like a dumb right now?" 

lliana's tone was sweet and soft.But it sounded like thunder in the three women's ears. 

The b-boss h-heard e-everything!They are dead now! Even begging would not save them! 

They had seen how the other fired employees got their career ruined after offending the witch. 

There was someone who just looked wrongly at the witch, then the witch fired him and had him banned from working in the capital. 

That was the worst punishment for a career-oriented person who worked hard to achieve their dreams of working in big companies, because all the major companies' headquarters were in the capital.If that man already got that kind of punishment from just looking at the witch, how about them who spoke too much and bad-mouthed their boss in her own presence? 

 The three frightened women wondered where their corpse would end up to.Abandoned in a dumpster? Dropped to the ocean and get eaten by sharks? Or would they have no remains at all, and just burned from head to toe? 

 The three woman shivered at the thought, tears already welling up in their eyes. 

 Alliana smiled sarcastically, seeing the frightened and pale faces. 

They talked so big earlier, now they were like injured kittens in front of a tiger.Why did they not use their heads before speaking anything? 

Idiots who could not control their mouths to save their lives, these kinds of mentally retarded people had no place in her company. 

 Alliana took the warm coffee from the short haired woman's hands. 

 "You are having coffee here so leisurely, how nice. Is it your break time already?"  

Silence.