41

"S-sir, we f-feel that it would be b- better if we would t-take her off of life s-support."

"What the fuck are you talking about?" Alister growled back at the startled man.

"S-sir, her heart rate is decreasing rapidly. T-there is no point in w-waiting anymore, either way s-she will d-" The doctor struggled to get his words out and was immediately relived of doing so when he felt rough fingers circling his neck, undoubtedly slowly crushing his throat.

"SHE IS ON FUCKING LIFE SUPPORT!" Alister roared out, blazes of enragement coursing through the depths of his eyes.

"Y-yes but it is f-failing in a massive proportions. I-it would be easier to let her d-die naturally than make her suffer through a cardiac f-failure." He spit out, his world become blurrier and blurrier with the force acting on his neck.

"SHE IS UNCONSCIOUS!"

"Y-yes sir, b-but there is a chance she m-may wake up d-due to the intense pain and g-go to a-another form o-of consciousness, m-making her s-suffer a death w-worser than a n-numb one." The words coming out of his mouth were faint and sickening. The oxygen coming in was getting slimmer and slimmer and his life was flashing in between his eyes. The muscles in his body were slowly going limb while his body was second by second forming into a corpse.

Just as he was about to give up on any form of breathing, his head suddenly gave out on the floor as he was released from the deathly grip of the monster himself.

He slowly let himself clear out his head before paying a quick glance at the man who just tried to kill him.

He expected him to be furious, eyes filled with terror and rage. He expected him to be the beast that he was.

But instead, all he saw was a broken man hopelessly staring at the doors which held the defeated woman behind them. If he hadn't just shattered his throat he may have even felt sympathy for him.

His face was slowly paling as he went into the most vulnerable position he had ever been in. For a second, dead silence ruled the room until Alister broke it with his fist colliding with the wall. He slammed his grip onto the hard surface, managing to rip out a hole in the center of it. His pounding didn't stop, each hit cracking his heart.

He couldn't stop. Not when his hand started to drop its first sheds of blood, not when he felt the bone snap out. All he could see was her. Dead by his own hand.

The doctor crawled closer to the edge of the wall, hanging on his heart with his palm, his eyes shut. He had hoped that if he wouldn't see the monster, than he would miraculously disappear. It was the rare moment in his life that he actually wanted to be killed earlier.

Alister growled out with each hit, his yells of pain only adding to the terror. It wasn't until he carved out a full whole between the teo rooms that he saw.

That's when he saw her.

Unconscious. Still the same as when he last saw her. Except she looked weaker now. Drained, even.

He hadn't even realized the wall he broke down gas been the one where she resided in, but the second he saw her face, there was nothing else he could do. Just stare.

Her face lacked her usual vibrant color and her body was thinner than ever. His eyes softened as he still saw the distinguished marks and whips laid down upon her fragile skin. The word still in-carved within her calf.

A month. That's how long he avoided looking at her face.

He didn't know what it would be like once he got the courage to see her again. He though he would feel guilty or enraged, but all he felt was emptiness.