(STC) Chapter 34: ["Thus, am I."]

=====

This Chapter will be subject to future changes!

I apologize to those who have made it thus far,

but I plan to rewrite this chapter in the future

======

When the messiah descended from the stars,

And sheltered us with new hopes and new dreams,

Saving our leader from the grip of death,

Fixing us from our broken seams,

He led us to a world unseen...

----------------------

In Time Immemorial:

"Thank you Yelena , for helping me get through to Patriot."

"You're welcome Kaiser Rye. He still doesn't trust you for your sudden move however."

"I'm not that surprised."

"Hmm. At least we got a new city to live in." 

"Yeah. This one's a nomadic one, so we can use it to travel if we want to."

Kaiser Rye threw a body into a large pit dug by his men. He took off his bloody coat and threw it into the pit, he lit a match and threw that in too. A fire incinerated the corpses below. Yelena used her Arts to put it out concealing it under the illusion of an icy pond. In the distance, a caravan was drawing closer and closer to their location.

"Good, they're here." Kaiser Rye remarked as he fixed the buttons on his sleeves. 

"That's the rest of them, correct?" Yelena asked.

"It is," He looked at the sky above and saw the sun at its peak. "What month is it?"

"It's late March. The snowy months are coming to a close."

"That's good."

"Why'd you ask?"

"Just wondering. I'm expecting something at around April or May." 

"I see."

"Come on. Let's go welcome the others."

The two of them left the area and entered a small town large enough to fit their groups. When the caravan arrived, the children all joyfully skipped to their families. The two of them were welcomed with hugs and smiles. Yelena decided to help them get accustomed to their new lives in the town. The last of the supplies were being carried off the trucks and stored in one of the few available storage facilities.

Tasks were being completed with such rapid fluidity, that the place seemed like a bustling marketplace. One of Kaiser Rye's men whispered something in his ear about his wife. Inside sat a woman who was hunched over on the seat; her legs were curled up beside her womb. She was trembling in her seat, enough to make truck rattle. Kaiser Rye exhaled and opened the door.

"Talulah... I'm sorry that I had to let you go through this." He said.

He only received a fearful countenance. The happy smile and warm orbs have long been replaced by a sullen frown and bloodshot eyes. Upon seeing this, he immediately reached to comfort her. 

---------------

"The world is not so kind...'

"You've been blinded by dreams of love...'