Chapter 4 - Trust

It was a long while until you were greeted with faces. Only two, it was Peter and Natasha. You were at the top of the silks, legs wrapping around, head upside down to look at them. "Hello?... What's this?"

"Gifts," the two settled down the bags as you narrowed eyes and let go to spin down, Peter running to the glass only to see you still held by the silks.

"Protective, that's cute,"

"You are, aren't you, маленький паук?"

"I guess," Peter sighs, unlocking the door and pushing the bags in, Nat holding her gun as you smirked.

"Trust is mutual, I see," you jump off the silks and strut over. "Clothes?"

"And other things, I hope you like them," Peter quips, smiling as you held up each item. In your chest you could feel your heart screaming out to thank him endlessly, cry if you must. Each string was tugged against, the fabric feeling like heaven on earth.

"It's alright," you smile politely and start to look through them. The next bag was full of books you've never seen before, to be fair the Carny's never liked education so books were limited to manuals about advertising found in a small crate you snatched from the ring leader; though there were a few who did help with your limited education.

"Good," Peter purses his lips, looking a little disappointed as if he didn't do enough.

"A phone?" you hold up a see through glass like rectangle with the word 'Stark' on the top boarder.

"And other things like headphones and a kindle," Peter explained quickly, seeing your face hardly shift in emotion. "There's also a sewing kit in there, in case you need it," he points to a small box, attached to it was a box of sorted buttons, one with a label saying 'for Anna'.

This was your breaking point. You stared up at him with slightly teary eyes. On instinct, Peter didn't care about the rules, he opened the door and walked in, letting you hug him tight.

"Thank you... thank you," he felt the tears pool on his shoulder, your body holding on tight.

"You're welcome,"

Nat let go of her gun, widening her eyes before mumbling into her wrist for the group to look at the cameras.

"Anna owes you,"

"As long as she doesn't kill me in my sleep," Peter laughs, walking with you to your bag where you pull out the bear and laugh.

"No promises," you shake the bear in front of him making him smile brightly. "Thanks, kid,"

"I'm just glad you're happy," he hugs you again before seeing the time and sigh. "Shoot, I have to do my homework,"

"Homework? Oh! You're in high school right?"

"Yeah, AP Bio project, I'll see you later," Peter rushed out, Nat tailing behind.

~~~

"L/n,"  Tony interrupted you from your daily reading. The last you had seen him face to face was weeks ago when you first met.

"Stark," you spin down from your hammock with your book and walk over, putting the bookmark Peter made for you on the page.

"We have decided to trust you,"

"What a joyous decision, what made you suddenly do so?"

"The fact you haven't killed anyone, but one mistake and you're back in here," he opened the doors, watching as you walked out, breathing in the air.

"Freedom,"

"Hardly," he nodded for you to follow.

~~~

This room was nicer than the cell, though both were much better than anything you were ever used to. The bed was huge, a desk, shelf, and bathroom; window with a bench looking out at the city. With the sun setting slowly upon the horizon, you drop your items, placing them in the centre of the room under ariel silks.

"Like it?"

"Sure," you tug at the fabric before looking at Tony who stared back. "Yes?"

"A thank you would be nice,"

"Kiss my ass," he scoffs and walks out only to stop. "Thank you, Tony,"

"You're welcome... dinner will be ready soon," when he left, you were left with the view and that silence yet again.

~~~

When you walked into the living room, weapons were summoned and raised at you; apparently Stark didn't inform the others. "Warm welcome,"

"How is she out her cell?" Steve scowls to Tony.

"I used the door," you quip, rolling your eyes at the glare.

"I let her out, it was time anyways, unlike grease ball over here, she hasn't killed anyone, or hurt for that matter,"

"He has a point," Wanda puts the lasagna on the table alongside the salad.

"I feel at home already," grabbing a plate and some dinner, you try to walk away only for Thor to grab your collar and pull you back. Throwing the plate in the air, you kick him to the ground and catch the plate. "Shit, don't do that!"

"She hurt someone! Let's put her back," Clint smiles.

"Not on purpose, warning next time, corgi," you scold the god who frowns.

"Where are you going? We eat together unless it's pizza night," Nat pulled a chair up beside her for you to sit in.

"You want me to join you?"

"Of course!" Peter grins. "You're a part of the team now!"

"I don't think that's true, but you've got spirit,"

~~~

Welp anyways I made a Lady Loki cosplay

Even though it's very subtle: green silk shirt, black skirt, waist corset and boots- I do have green contacts coming soon but the corset is too small and I'm done with life because the shirt isn't as green as I wanted it to be-

- Anna ❤️