▹ 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘪𝘹𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

⌜             ⌝

CHAPTER SIXTEEN 

⌞             ⌟

          AFTER pulling Mayfeld, Xi'an and Burg into the cell and closing the door, Din and Artemis carried a still unconscious Qin back to the ship

"I'll go and pull him up," Din said. "Then we'll deal with the droid."

Artemis nodded and Din climbed up the ladder. However, when a blaster shot was heard, Artemis' heart skipped a beat.

"Mando?" she called, her hand on her lightsaber.

"We're okay, Fury," Din said and he looked down at her.

Artemis rolled her eyes before using the Force to lift Qin up into the ship. Then, she climbed up into the ship.

"Let's get out of here."

⋆⋆⋆

ARTEMIS stayed in the ship when Din handed Qin over to Ran. She pulled off her cloak and observed the wound Xi'an's knife had made in her arm. It wasn't too bad, but she went to look for the first aid kit anyway.

"We need to go," Din said urgently, pulling her back to the cockpit and closing the hatch.

Artemis raised an eyebrow. "What have you done?"

"I might or might not have attached the tracking beacon to Qin," Din said, as he took off.

Artemis grinned. "Clever."

They flew away from the space station and saw several New Republic X-Wings coming up from hyperspace.

Not soon after that, the Razor Crest went into hyperspace and Din turned around to look at Artemis.

"How's the arm?"

Artemis shrugged. "It's just a scratch. It's nothing. We should get the kid out of his compartment. I'm sure he is feeling pretty lonely."

"Fury —"

"Fine, take the first aid kit and patch me up if you like."

Artemis jumped down into the main area and opened the kid's compartment. Grogu looked happy to see her and he lifted his small arms.

Artemis picked him up and sat down onto one of the crates as Din took the first aid kit. However, before he could do something, the kid had already placed his hand on Artemis' arm.

The red head could feel the Force around them shift and in less than a minute, the wound had disappeared and the kid felt tired.

"Thank you, Grogu," Artemis told him, smiling before looking up at Din. "You're too late," she teased him.