🌞Chapter 39🌻

🌞🌻

"There are marks," Mew murmured as he unfastened Gulf's restraints.

Gulf stared at them as if they belonged to someone else. His body felt heavy and a numb exhaustion ruled his entire being. He had been freed, but he didn't want to move ever again.

Mew left Gulf for a moment, then came back into the room carrying a towel. He wiped off Gulf's prone, unresisiting body respectfully.

"I'm sorry," Mew said, forcing himself to speak. "I was surprised when you told me you were going to quit. It was childish of me. I won't force you to do anything ever again. Let's forget the contract."

Gulf finally moved, turning his head to look at Mew. But because the other man was sitting on the edge of the bed, head drooping, Gulf couldn't see Mew's expression.

"Are you going to marry Yaya?" he asked, trembling. Despite all his screaming, which he thought would have ruined his voice, the question came out unexpectedly easily.

"No," Mew said in a whisper. "No one would want to be with her."

"Why not?" Gulf asked.

"Certainly, I desired her once." Mew said. "She's strong. She only cares about her own desires and has never once questioned her way of doing things. But I'm not Yaya. I can't live like her. Wealth and status have never anything but a burden to me. Anyway, we should probably call it a day. You can sleep here if it doesn't bother you."

Gulf shook his head limply. He sat up slowly. He felt a throbbing pain inside him and grimaced. Mew offered his hand for support and eventually Gulf was able to stand up from the bed. As soon as he stood, a warm liquid ran down his thigh and fell to the floor. It was a mixture of his blood and Mew's bodily liquid.

Grief welled up inside Mew at the trace of their violent, heartless intercourse.

"Gulf..." Mew reached out a hand to touch Gulf's cheek.

"Don't touch me." Gulf pushed Mew's hand away.

Mew stopped. "Gulf?"

"I want to take a shower," Gulf said coldly.

"All right," Mew whispwered.

He put a robe around Gulf and helped him to the bathroom, then turned the faucet and ran hot water for him.

"Please. Leave me alone," Gulf requested.

Mew nodded awkwardly.

Gulf, finally alone, soaked himself in the bathtub, nowhere near full yet. And let water from the shower pour over his head. The hot water stung the cuts on his arms. His eyes began to fill with tears.

He never imagined he would be raped by a man.

What in god's name had gone wrong? Everything in his life with Mew had been a mistake.

He recalled Mild's words. 'I don't want to see you become the plaything of the rich.'

For Mew, he really was nothing more than a fun way to kill time. But Gulf had still been fooled into thinking that Mew was a good person.

Thinking back, he realized that he hadn't had a good impression of Mew when they first met. Mew didn't even raise an eyebrow when he'd heard that Brenda had died. To him, she was nothing more than a woman who could be bought.

And so was Gulf.

He couldn't stop crying. He let his tears flow freely for a while.

Then he made up his mind.

There was nothing to do, but regret forever what had already happened. But what was more important was what would happen next. If he ran home now, tail tucked between his legs, he would never get his self-respect back.

He realized now that he had been blinded by money. That was the first mistake that had started it all.

'I'll continue the contract,' Gulf thought, 'but I won't take any money. I'll give it all back to Mew. Then maybe he'll start to realize that you can't solve everything with money.'

When Gulf came out of the bathroom, Mew was standing in the middle of the room, pale-faced.

"Gulf," he began, his voice faltering. But he no longer had the power to move Gulf's feelings.
"I'm not happy about it, but I need the money," Gulf said, voice like ice. "So I'll continue working for you. But remember this, Lord Jongcheveevat," his voice became heated as he hissed, "I'll never forgive you as long as I live."

He left for his own room.

TBC