47.Sweet tears

After 3 years

"For Allah's sake, stop crying like this. You'll get sick." Alyan wiped my face with his thumb as another fresh set of tears made its way there.

"How.... how can I? She left....left me like this." A sob escaped my lips. He sighed and put his arm around me, pulling me close to him.

"What had to happen, happened. Now will crying change anything?" He said and I felt like a wire in my head tore.

"How can you be so heartless!" I glared at him as his eyes widened.

"No...I.."

"You didn't even shed a single drop of tear. And now you're saying that... that I shouldn't cry?" I pushed him away.

"Warisha..."

"I miss her... so much. Even last morning she was here, playing on the bed and now..." I covered my face.

"I understand."

"No you don't. It's all your fault."

"What did I do?"

"Because of you, I went out that night. You told me you would take care of her. And she left me....like this." I rubbed my nose.

"I didn't know. Don't get angry now." He said and I looked at him for few seconds before hugging him back.

"Don't you miss her?" I whispered.

"Uhm... maybe?"

"What maybe? Say yes." I snapped.

"Yes, I miss her."

"How'll I live without her?" Tears flooded through my eyes.

"Looks like I have to change another shirt." I heard him mumble but didn't react.

He's heartless, I should've understood it. So heartless that even death doesn't effect him.

His phone rang and he left me before accepting the call.

"Assalamualaikum Ammi." He greeted.

"Walaikumassalam dear. So.... how's everything there?" I heard her ask and covered my mouth.

"Same."

"She's still crying?"

"Hmm..... yeah." He replied after looking at me.

"Allah. Poor girl. Did she eat anything?"

"No, only a bread in the morning." He frowned.

"What? Alyan, it's 7 PM now."

"I told her again and again, but she doesn't hear. Already she's getting sick."

"Then make her eat." She scolded him.

"Ammi, she doesn't..."

"I don't know anything. She has to, do anything but make her eat."

"I will." He sighed.

"And take care. I'll talk to her later, let her calm down first. Allah Hafiz."

"Allah Hafiz." He cut the call and looked at me.

"Warisha, listen..." He came beside me.

"I don't want to listen anything. Don't disturb me." I looked away.

"No you have to listen. You haven't ate anything since morning, you'll fall ill. Already you're weak, please have something."

"I...I can't eat anything. It feels like.... like there's a lump in my throat and everything just comes out."