𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

Does this seem like a
holiday to you?

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

"Alethea. Your opinion?" Alby says, and suddenly all heads in the room are turned to look at me, their eyes watching me, waiting to hear what I've got to say. We've been here for at least half an hour, each voicing our opinions on the girl and what in the world is going on right now. Yet, the only thing we've accomplished is more fighting. Alby and Newt are exhausted by the looks of them — having to control us all is a stressful ordeal, especially when Billy won't keep his flap shut. I honestly wonder why that piece of klunk has even been elected.

I let out a sigh, my breath shuddering as I do so, making me silently curse myself — immediately straightening my spine and hardening my gaze as I look at Alby. "Everything was normal, but now the pattern is changing, the box comes up late and the next day it comes up with another bloody Greenie? Next thing I know, I actually see the girl in a vision."

"What're ya getting at?"

"What I'm saying is that there's a reason she came here so early. I'm not saying she's bad news, but what I am saying is that it's out of the ordinary," I explain, scanning over each of the Keepers, surveying their reactions. Some are shaking their heads as I speak, however some are silently agreeing, their heads nodding. "It's always been one way, and she's the last one ever. And we still don't know why they're suddenly sending girls up."

"Maybe they're both here to... yanno," Billy flashes a devilish grin at me. "Repopulate."

The room breaks out into chaos, all of the Keepers shooting rude remarks at him, including me. I'm not surprised at all that no one finds his joke funny. Everyone knows about Newt and I, and even before that, no one but him ever saw me in that way. They treated me just like everyone else — which is the one thing that made me feel safe at first. No one treated me differently because I was a girl. They treated me as though I was one of them, almost like a sister.

"I think the shuck not," Newt snaps immediately, his glare able to cut through glass.

"Yeah, I don't consent to that," I say dryly, raising my hand in the air — making Minho cough to cover up the snort he lets out. Newt doesn't even register what's happening around him, still staring Billy down until he bows his head in an apology.

"They're not here to repopulate," Alby barks, pointing his finger at Billy. "Get that out of your shuck brain right now and speak when it's your turn."

"Now's not the time for joking, Billy." Gally stares at Billy harshly before shooting me a subtle nod of the head. The voices in the room don't cease, instead exploding all at once, as though someone had compressed a volcano that was ready to erupt. The voices are overwhelming, clouding my senses and making me shrink back into the pole behind me.

"So what are we gonna do?" Fry shouts.

Clint shrugs, saying quietly, "Suppose we just wait for her to wake up?"

"That's productive," scoffs Minho.

"Got any other bright ideas?"

"How longs that gonna take?"

"Don't look at me," Newt snaps, "I'm not the buggin' Med-jack."

"Slim it, ya shuck-brains! Right now!" Alby screams, his voice bellowing throughout the room, halting all of the noise.