Chapter 7 - I'm so difficult!

Published on 25.03.2021

● A A R O H I ●

I envy men. I really do. They have so many things easier for them that we don't. They don't have to spend time making themselves look presentable while we girls have to be so cautious. There are so many things that needs to be taken care of. Well one may argue that it comes with the advantage of looking pretty and beautiful, to adorn yourself in so many fancy items but that doesn't make me feel any better. I was never the one who liked dressing up, investing your time in doing your hair and makeup and I hated shopping. Sometimes I feel that I was meant to be a boy but due to an error by God, I ended up being born as a girl.

Not to forget the most painful things that we've to endure; periods and pregnancy. It's unfair, terribly unfair. At least there should've been a division of work here between men and women. One could bear periods while other could've been pregnant. But nope, these two are also interrelated. And then people have the audacity to say women are weak and can't bear pain.

Right now, everything sucks for me. I'm on my dates and if that wasn't enough now I've to go for the wedding shopping with our families when I just want to lie down on my bed with a hot water bag over my abdomen. Period cramps suck like a bitch!

I put on an olive green jumpsuit which was sleeveless and had a round neck. Pulling my hair up in a pony tail and applying some lip gloss and eyeliner I was done. I grabbed my purse and phone and left the apartment.

Armaan was already waiting for me outside the gate in his car, so I quickly sat on the passenger seat when he opened the door. We had two cars, one belonged to our father and the other one to my brother. Papa had offered to get a car for me after I got my driving license but I refused since I want to have my own car with my own money.

"Didi," Armaan called out poking his finger on my arm. I didn't turn.

"You still mad at me?" I didn't answer.

"Come on Didi. Forget what happened. Move on now." He cribbed.

"You lied to me." I stated.

"I didn't." He whined. "I just didn't tell you the truth."

"Means the same. Let's get moving now."

"No! We won't leave until you forgive me. You haven't even seen my messages where I've apologized. I'm sorry. Please." He made a puppy face and held his ears.

"Don't make that face!" I grimaced. "You look creepy."

"Hey don't say that," he said being offended. "Riya says I look cute and she couldn't resist me whenever I made that face." He said coyly.

I scrunched my nose. "I always knew that the girl lacked taste. Otherwise who in the right sense would go for a nuisance like you. And now it's officially proved."

"That's mean Di."

I shrugged. "Now. Drive."

"I won't." He crossed his arms over his chest.

Drama queen.

"So stay here. You know I anyways hate shopping." I folded my legs on my lap and started the FM radio.