CHAPTER 27

There was a chill in the air as the girl continued giggling. 

Confused, the men looked at each other.

'Why was she giggling as if possessed?' was running through their minds.

"What's so funny, girly?" said the boss. 

He bent his neck trying to get a look at her face. But flinched back at the sight of the green eyes visible through the hood. 

There wasn't a hint of fear in her eyes. Her eyes had a sinister feeling to them as if looking at prey. He felt as if his heart would jump off his chest if he kept looking at her eyes.

"Enough games! Let's take her back to the hideout" he roared at his minions trying to steady himself. He felt uneasy by looking at her and wanted to wrap things up.

"Eh? So soon boss?" whined the snarly man. He looked disappointed at the boss's orders.

"Ya' boss we haven't played with a youngin' in a while" complained another guy

"Yeh' let's have some fun"

The men started complaining as the girl continued giggling. 

The boss, visibly uneasy, couldn't shake off the ominous feeling emanating in the air surrounding the girl.

"No gamin' tonight. Pack ya' stuff we got eh ship to catch" He reached out his hand to the girl to pull her away.

Suddenly the girl stopped giggling. The atmosphere became quiet as the men unconsciously followed suit.

Only the sound of wolves howling in the distance was heard until the girl started taking in a raspy voice.

"Going so soon?....... Why?" A wide smile on her face was visible through the hood

"The fun has just began"

The group took a few steps back startled by her words. They looked at each other unable to comprehend the situation.

Suddenly, the girl flung the basket in her hands towards the sky. 

The basket flew in the air drawing the attention of the men. Meanwhile, the girl closed the distance and punched the boss, who was standing in front of her.

*thud*

The boss fell to the ground with a loud thud. 

He groaned in pain covering his face. There was blood all over his hand. He couldn't think but the sudden surge of pain and could only hear loud thuds around him. 

By the time he came to his senses, two of his men were lying on the ground unconscious.

"What are ya' knuckleheads gawkin' at!" the boss yelled at his men who were looking at the girl dumbfounded. 

"Kill her!"

The men charged at her at the boss's commands snapping out of the trance. The snarly guy was the first to attack launching at her with his fist full of rage.

"Hah!"

In the flash of a second, the girl caught his arm and twisted it behind his back, and slammed his face to the ground.

"Gaah!" He groaned in pain. 

Using his back as a boost she jumped up and caught the branch above her head, using it to swing at the other guy charging at her. Catching him by the neck, she strangled him while she punched another, making him drop to the floor. 

He dropped his weapon and fell to the floor, only to cough up blood revealing two knocked-out teeth.

'Six down and two to go' The girl's emerald eyes darted from left to right.

Of the two goons left, one took off into the woods and the other stood still trembling in fear. He dropped the knife in his hand and kneeled on the ground.

"Please spare me" he trembled at the sound of the approaching footsteps. 

She kicked the knife he put down into the bushes and slowly walked past him towards the trees.

"Tch" she clicked her tongue

A mild breeze flew by, knocking off the hood covering the girl's face. 

The goon lifted his head to find brilliant platinum blonde hair moving like waves. A beautiful girl with cat-shaped eyes silently stood facing the direction the other goon ran off to.

"Who....who are you?" He asked, managing to muster up some words. A look from her green eyes sent shivers down his spine.

"Me? I'm the trash disposer" she answered with a smirk, not taking her eyes off the woods.