Important Author's Note

Hey guys! I just wanted to come on here to let you guys know that I started a new fanfic called Damned. The first chapter is out, so go check it out if you're interested. I really think my writing and storytelling has improved a lot.

As for Blood Enemies I don't know when I'm gonna update. Honestly I hate writing in 1st person. I've also been getting a lot of hate when it comes to Lyssa (in the first book more). A lot of readers don't like her character and the fact that she has a lot of love interests which is fine. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion and feelings. But, it has kind of made me less inspired.

My whole thing was I wanted to make Lyssa desired by many because she's the doppelgänger. She's also a teenager. So, she's not gonna always make the wisest decision. Everyone seems to forget that. I also have SO many ppl wanting to ring her neck because she's not up Damon's ass 24/7 even though he's done nothing - for the most part - but manipulate her. I mean there's comments saying she should've died just bc she's been mean - and rightfully so - to Damon, or that she didn't need to be angry that he killed her brother.

I also get countless comments about her and Stefan and how she says she's in love with him and then she's in love with Damon, which is wild to me bc for like prolly half the book - idk for sure - she never says she's in love with Stefan. The first time she says she loves Stefan is when he saves her life - AND I LITERALLY WROTE IN THE A/N THAT IT'S PLATONIC, but everyone seemed to miss that. She loves him bc he saved her sister and her and her friends. She calls him a hero. She looks up to him. Everyone also seems to get upset bc she forgives Stefan when he does wrong, even tho he's literally shown her that he's sorry. He tries to always do what's right, so she does forgive him a lot easier.

Everyone is totally entitled to their opinions - I understand - but it's gotten to the point where ppl are arguing and being low-key nasty to one another in my comments, which I don't like. Part of me wants to delete the whole series, but the first story is almost at 1 million reads and I'm proud of that. The first chapter alone has 1.73k comments so going thru the comments would take forever and even if I delete them, I feel like it won't stop, so idk. I don't want to make it seem like I can't take criticism and that I'm trying to censor anyone.

I've been on here for years, and I've never wanted to delete comments until now. I respect and appreciate everyone's feedback - whether it's positive or negative - but what I don't appreciate is being nasty in the comments because your favorite character doesn't get what he wants all the time.

Thanks sm for reading and supporting me! Majority of you guys are really nice, I just had to get this all off my chest.