Leo x Reincarnated reader

Requested by @MirandaWinterbourne

Title: Forever and Always

Key: (N/n)= new name

Dear Leonardo,

I'm just going to come out and say it to rip the band-aid off and explain what has happened to me. I have cancer. Well, had. Chances are, if you have this letter, I'm already gone. I'm sorry I didn't tell you about this, Leo. I just didn't want you to worry about me like you always do. Now, it's time for you to worry about you and your brothers. You don't have to worry about me anymore because my time is gone; my hurting is over. I know this will probably hurt a little- or a lot, depending on how much you enjoyed my awful jokes- but please, don't dwell on this. I will always love you and your brothers and I will always keep you in my heart. Just, don't forget me. And don't cry too much, please. You know I always hated to see you sad. Okay, well, my hand is starting to cramp up, so I guess this is it. This letter is explaining why I haven't been to see you in a month and why I haven't been home either. Just remember that I love you always and we'll be together one day. I love you. Goodbye.

Love,

(Y/n) Hamato

Leo dropped the letter and let it fall to the floor, not knowing what to do. His girlfriend had cancer and was gone. Forever. She was never going to walk into the lair again, she was never going to wake him up and one in the morning asking what a pigeon's favorite type of bread was, and she was never going to hug, smile, laugh, or cry with him again. Leo didn't know how to feel, what to do, or where to go. How was he going to tell Raph, Splinter, April, Casey, and Donnie? Oh dod, how was he going to tell Mikey?

"(Y/n), no. Please, no. No." Leo whispered as he slowly knelt down and picked up the letter, staring at the name written on the paper. (Y/n) Hamato. She had put his last name. That made his heart hurt even more.

"Leo, are you okay?" Donnie knocked as he walked into his brother's room, followed by his brothers and father. After a second, April and Casey entered also. They were both clutching pieces of paper in their hands.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine. Just need some air." Leo sniffed as he quickly folded the letter and stuffed it into his pack pocket, trying to get by everyone.

"Leo, we know." Raph said after a moment of silence. Leo stopped dead in his tracks and turned to look at Raph over his shoulder. The hothead pulled a slip of paper out of his pack pocket and held it out to Leo, Raphael Hamato written in cursive on the front. Donnie also held one with his name. Donatello Hamato.

With a silent gasp of air, he turned slowly and looked at Mikey, who was standing halfway behind Splinter, holding onto his robes. Mikey's face was half-buried in Splinter's clothes, the only visible aspects being his closed right eye with tears streaming from it, his mouth; closed in a silent whimper, and his hand, which also held a letter.

My Sweet Little Mikey.

Splinter had a hand on the back of Mikey's head and was rubbing gently, looking sadly down at him. Then, he turned and locked eyes with Leo, frowning sadly. Leo, not being able to say anything, turned and began running, shoving past April and Casey, who held an arm out to stop him.

"Wait, what are you-" Jones was interrupted by Splinter, who had begun walking to the dojo with Mikey in hand. He was slouching heavily, Leo being pretty sure that the only thing holding him up was Splinter.

"Yameru." He commanded, not stopping his pace with the smallest turtle. "Let him go." Casey quickly patted his arm as he and April followed Splinter and Mikey to the dojo. Donnie went to the lab and Raph shook his head sadly at Leo before making his way to his room, presumably to Spike.