XXXVIII. NEW YEARS

NEW YEARS!

DECEMBER 1976/JANUARY 1977

6th Year

• • • •

Holland and Remus sat on the girl's bed on the day of New Years Eve, as the rest of their friends were downstairs destroying the kitchen whilst all of the parents were out. The girl was sitting between her boyfriend's legs, as he played with her hair.

"You know, I've enjoyed my time here much more than I originally thought I would," Holland spoke up, wrapping Remus' arms tighter around her waist, "Your friends aren't half bad."

Remus chuckled, "I'm glad." He muttered, resting his chin on the Slytherin's shoulder.

"It's just upsetting that we have to go back to Hogwarts in just under a week's time." The Irish girl frowned.

"Let's not think about that now." Remus told her, as she leaned further into the boy.

"Okay." She nodded.

"I'm glad you and Sirius get along now." The Gryffindor said.

"Me too." Holland agreed, nodding, before laughing slightly.

"What?"

"If you'd have told me two months ago that this is how I'd be spending my Christmas and New Year, surrounded by the people I'm proud to now call my friends and the boy I love, I wouldn't have believed you." The girl chuckled, Remus joining in.

"You know, I believe the people that we choose to surround each ourselves with says a lot about us as a person." The boy said.

"Oh?"

"For example, and please don't hate me for saying this. You hang around your friends as some sort of punishment on yourself because you don't believe the same as they do." He explained, making Holland think.

"I suppose," The Slytherin nodded, "Well in that case you surround yourself with your friends because as you watch then lead 'normal' lives. You don't believe you could ever live such a life, and because deep down you know you deserve friends like them. And they deserve you too," She told him, "Merlin, they can't even go five minutes without you before blowing something up." She laughed, as did Remus, before they heard a loud explosion from where the other boys were.

"Moony!!!!"

The couple stared at each other.

"That was incredible timing." Remus stated.

"Scary good." Holland nodded.

"We should probably go down there."

"Agreed."