chapter 29 ~ liam gallagher

"You heading to the hospital?" Ian asked as I continued to pack my bag.

"Yeah, the doctor said Liam was up...I need to be there" I muttered. As I turned to walk out, he grabbed my arm turning me to face him.

"We ever going to talk about last night?" He questioned. "You being on crack and practically working at a strip club?"

I rolled my eyes as I shimmed free of his grip.

"We gonna talk about you going AWOL?"

"Hey Lip, how is he?" I asked as I made my way down the pediatric wing

"Better, the doctor said his heart rate and blood pressure have returned to normal" A giant weight lifted off my chest at his words. "He's been asking for you"

A smile rose on my face as I tried to imagine him saying "Cassie" but because he was still so little it sounded like "calfie"

"Ian told me about your new job" He went on as my face fell. "And you've been drinking a lot lately and now with-"

"I'm good Lip" I interrupted. "I promise"

I know they're my brothers and they're supposed to look out for me and all. But honestly sometimes I wish they'd butt out of my fucking life.

I mean I know i've been drinking more then usual lately but that's only because....you know what, it doesn't even matter. Because i'm fine.

"Okay, I have to talk to DCF but the doctor said you could see him"

At those words I felt my heart sink, DCF? There was no way I was letting them take away my brother, even if I had to beat Frank up to do so.

"Hi nugget!" I cooed, walking into the hospital room. I took a seat on the edge of his bed as he wrapped his tiny arms around me. "You're okay, you're okay"

I tried to stay strong so he wouldn't see me cry, but even I wasn't that good.

Wiping my cheeks, I placed a kiss on the top of his little head.

"Is that a dinosaur?" I gasped as he held up a stuffed animal. Even after everything you couldn't wipe that smile off his face.

"Hey Cassie" Debbie whispered as she joined me in the room. "V want's to know if you're coming to Fiona's court thing with us"