XXXII. Friend

"Open the door! Let me out of here! Open the door!" Subaru angrily yelled while banging the door to save Rem from Elsa's assault on the mansion.

"It's too late." Beatrice said.

"It is not too late! I have to get to Rem right now!" Subaru yelled.

"Your reason for returning to that room has just disappeared, I suppose." Beatrice said and she starts to heal Subaru.

"Disappeared? But why?" Otto asked.

"Have you lost your faith in Subaru, Betty?" Puck asked.

"I haven't thought of that future, I suppose." Beatrice said.

"Haven't thought, huh? Then let's see later on if you don't have any thoughts on what they'll say about you and your dark connections." Naofumi said, making Beatrice realize her situation.

"Dark connections? To whom?" Reinhard asked.

"You too, Beatrice-sama? Why...?" Rem uttered.

"To hell with that! Why are you trying to save me?!" Subaru angrily asked.

"Because you look so pathetic, I can't bear the sight of you." Beatrice replied.

"But why me?! If you really want to save someone, why don't you save them?! You could have done it!" Subaru yelled.

"Wh-Why should I have to do that? I haven't a single reason to save anyone, I suppose." Beatrice replied.

"Betty..." Puck uttered.

"Bubby! I have no idea why this happened, I suppose!" Beatrice defended.

'Here she is...! She starts to get defensive!' The gods thought.

"Those people's lives were important too! Why would you only save Subaru and not also them?!" Mildo cried.

"You don't understand the situation, brat! So shut up, I suppose!" Beatrice yelled.

"S-She yelled at me..." Mildo uttered and he cried all of a sudden.

"Oh, dear..." Anastasia uttered.

"Who asked you to save me?! Do you have any idea what you've done?! Everything might be ruined now, because of you. Everything will be rewritten, and this horrible present will be set in stone! You should have just killed me!" Subaru yelled.

"I don't understand. I don't understand!" Beatrice said.

"Fine, then. If you're not going to help, then..." Subaru uttered as he breaks the teapot and points a sharp broken part of it in his throat.

"Subaru, no!!" Everyone except Roswaal cried. Beatrice on the other hand starts to watch the future events that she didn't expect to happen in the future.

"No!" Beatrice yelled and stops Subaru from killing himself.

"Why... are you..." Subaru uttered.

"I won't let you, I suppose! I won't let you die here!" Beatrice yelled.

"Let me go right now!" Subaru yelled. Beatrice throws the sharp glass away and lets Subaru fall on the floor. He saw the Gospel from Betelguese before on the floor in Beatrice's room.

"That's a Gospel, right? Why Beatrice has one?!" Ferris asked.

"Hey, Hey, Hey! What is the meaning of this?" Ricardo asked.

"Why... is that here?" Subaru asked. Beatrice grabs the Gospel and hugs it.

"H-Hey... did you just..." Mimi uttered.