Seven - Trade One Friend For Another

"She almost stabbed me to death when we met the first time." Yoongi mused happily, stretching his long limbs over the floor like a cat in the sun, "As expected, I mean I was being a bit sneaky."

Moonbyul rolled her eyes, shifting around on her place in the grass, moon illuminating her from above like a halo, "It was a reflex."

"You know, Byul was in the military before all this happened." The black haired explained, eyeing you with a small, flirtatious grin that seemed to be constantly plastered on his face whenever he was talking to you.

"Yeah, I figured it'd be something like that." You answered hushed, mindlessly pulling grass from the ground, glancing back at Jungkook who was sitting on the car's cowling a few meters away, scythe resting between his legs while his eyes were fixated on your surroundings.

"Your friend isn't very talkative, is he?" Yoongi had followed your eyes.

"He- usually he is." You mumbled, "He likes to talk a lot of crap sometimes."

"Really?" Yoongi hummed, "I figured he's more like- like Byul, you know?"

She glared at him, "What is that supposed to mean?"

"C'mon, honey, you're about as talkative as a crayfish." He grinned at her cheekily, provocations not working on this woman who you learned was as stoic as a damn rock.

You snickered at the comment, though your laughter wasn't really genuine. You wanted it to be genuine, really, but you didn't feel quite at ease, because Jungkook had planted doubt in your mind. Doubt about the goodness of these strangers you met. 

You never even thought of questioning them. To you, prowlers had always been the villains in this story. Never did you think that people could want to hurt other people in times like these. But Jungkook was right; just because you faced a greater threat did bad people not turn into good ones all of a sudden. Humanity had always had these self-destructive tendencies, right? And people who survived this mayhem needed to be kind of insane.

"And what are you like, sweet cheeks?" Yoongi suddenly addressed you, snapping you out of your reverie.

"Huh? Me?"

"Yeah, tell me your secrets, pretty." He flirted blatantly, nudging your knee with his outstretched foot.

You snorted, leaning back against your arms, head thrown into your neck, "I'm, uh- I used to be rather timid I guess. Bad at socializing n' stuff."

"You say that like the person you used to be is someone else." Yoongi pointed out.

You shrugged, letting yourself fall backwards completely, cool grass tickling your back.

It went silent for a moment, the only sounds being the rustling of the grass when Yoongi scooted closer towards you, until his face appeared in your field of view, covering the moon above you.

"Y/N?" He leaned in a little closer, til you could feel his breath on your skin, dark, intelligent eyes scanning your face with a glint, "Tell me... what's your goal?"

"....goal...?" 

"Where do you want to go with that fancy car of yours?"

You propped yourself up on your elbows, mainly to get some space between you two, "Surviving, Yoongi. That's my goal. Why should I worry about where I want to go, as long as there's no safe place for me to be?" You gave him a crooked smile, "The stupid apocalypse can go fuck itself for now, we'll make it through."

"By 'we' you mean Jungkook and you?" Yoongi cocked his head to the side.

You threw a glance at the man behind you, "Yup."