twenty six - "It's okay to have someone care for you"

W I L L O W

W I L L O W

"If I hear you say anything during the race, I'll kick you out of the car" was all I heard before the car literally flew.

I looked at the wing mirror and saw that Ryan was right behind us, almost touching the car.

"Drive faster!" I yelled

"Shut up! Don't tell me what to do, you fucking pain in the ass" Sargent yelled back and I shut up immediately.

We'll talk about this when you win the race, if you win the race with that drunk head of yours.

I watched the car race by the trees making them blurry because of the speed he was driving in. Who knew I would be surrounded by idiots a year before this. I took a look on Sargent and couldn't take my eyes off of him. I knew he could feel me staring at him by his hands turning white because of how hard he was gripping the steering wheel.

I looked at his face and started analyzing him. Not caring about how fast he was driving or the fact that Ryan was almost catching up to us. And I didn't even think about how dangerous this was, how there was a chance of us dying.

As much as I hated him there was absolutely a part of me that had started caring for him. Maybe it was the soft part of me that saw that he was struggling with something, I don't know what he was suffering with because well I didn't really know the boy under the cold attitude or the crazy impulses since we started off at a bad chapter.

"Stop staring at me, you're distracting me" I heard him say and I was a blushing mess.

"I wasn't staring at you"

"Yeah and I'm Chris Hemsworth" he said, making me laugh.

"Focus on the race, dumbass"

We were close to the finish line and I was excited for us to win but my thoughts were crushed by a force literally driving into the car making us almost fly out of our seats. This made the car slow down, literally giving Ryan a free pass.

"Fuck! He's leading now!" I heard myself yell but Sargent stayed silent.

He pushed the gas pedal harder and did the same to Ryan making him slow down even more than us. His car looked really crushed, well the back of his car.

We were seconds from the finishing line now and I was happy for Sargent's sake and I was happy that I didn't let him drive alone because this could've ended so much worse.

"Yes! You won!!!" I yelled, smiling as we crossed the line but Sargent didn't look happy at all.

"What's wrong?" I asked, ignoring everyone surrounding the car, chanting Sargents name. Thank god the windows were tinted.

"What's wrong? You're literally asking me that? I almost died because of the thought that I was responsible for your death. And everytime I try to keep YOU out of things you're there to ruin the day. I'm trying to keep you safe but you always seem to put yourself in danger and blame it all on me when shit goes down"

I sighed "It's okay to have someone care for you" I looked everywhere but his eyes, "I know we both hate each other but that doesn't mean that I will watch you hurt yourself."

It was quiet for a second and I looked up and met his icy blue eyes. What is happening to me? My heart was beating so fast, could he hear it? How embarrassing.

"Love comes knocking at your door, when you least expect it" I remembered my mom's words as we just looked at each other's eyes. My eyes moved from his eyes to his lips. Making my heart flutter. This is it, I'm dying from a heart attack.

"Forgive me for what I'm about to do, Edwards" I heard him say and my mind couldn't register what was about to happen when he roughly grabbed my face, crushing our lips together.

It felt like we had been kissing for hours when he let go of my face. My mind was racing. What just happened? What's this feeling? I couldn't stop my thoughts or the feeling on my lips. They felt warm and tingly. My hands were shaking and my whole body was on fire. I knew he could hear my heartbeat now because it was beating faster than before.

"That was-" I heard myself say before Sargent interrupted me.

"A mistake. I'm so sorry it's because I'm drunk. I-I couldn't control myself" I heard him say with a stone cold face. And my heart dropped. Please not now. Not this, please.

"Yeah, um you're right. It was a mistake, as usual you can't control yourself, dumbass" I said and got out of the car.

"I thought you died in there, why didn't you get out?" I heard Ruby say but I was scared to speak because I know if i did the tears I was desperately holding would fall.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and coughed, "Can we please go I'm not feeling alright" I said and Ruby nodded "That's normal, considering the way Sargent was driving. I'm just going to ask for Cody's car keys and I'll drive you since he wanted to stay with Sargent"

I watched Ruby walk to Cody and Sargent. She talked with them a bit and as she was walking back with the car keys my eyes connected with Sargent's, making the butterflies in my tummy go crazy. Please, don't do this. Not this feeling, not now. Not when things ended that way.

The whole drive back home my mind was on the icy blue eyes. Is this what rejection feels like? Willow don't be stupid, there's no rejection, you never even liked him.

Did I? What does it feel to like someone? How does it feel when someone likes you back? I don't know. Love for me was always Darcy and Elizabeth, Amanda and Grant, Rikkard and Lilly.

"Did something happen in the car? You look awfully pale? You can talk to me, if something is bothering you." I heard Ruby say and I held myself together even harder, I was not ready to talk about it now.

"Nothing happened, I think I just got a little sick because of the fast driving" I said and she nodded. But the look she gave me told me that she didn't believe a word I just said.

She stopped the car in front of the ohouse and we hugged goodbye as I got out of the car. I slowly went into the house, holding my breath, I was scared that anyone would wake up and realize that I had sneaked out.

I closed the door to my room, quietly and let out a breath as I threw myself on to my bed.

Whatever I did my mind went racing back to the kiss we shared in the car. I brushed my lips with my fingers and closed my eyes as I remembered the moment.

It was an amazing...mistake.

I sighed, this is not love, Willow. This is teenage stuff. You can't fall in love in such a short time.

Can you?

Hello lovies!! Here's the update you've all been waiting for

Hello lovies!! Here's the update you've all been waiting for. I've been reading all of your comments and I'm so thankful for the amazing feedback I've gotten. Hope you liked chapter 26!!!!:)

Lots of love<3// D.E