chap. 20

"Paimon thinks that Xianling is the best cook in Liyue!", the fairy argued, floating beside Aether. Zhongli nodded in agreement while leading the way.

The sun was now replaced with a full moon, its dim light lighting up the streets of Liyue.

(y/n) walked next to Zhongli, quietly giggling as she stared at him. He curiously averted his eyes towards her and wondered what made her laugh like that.

She shook her head, still grinning, and gazed at Aether and Paimon who were walking a few meters ahead of them. "Collecting resources for your own funeral? And telling a traveler what you like, so that he can get it for you?", (y/n) quietly laughed, earning an amused hum in response.

"It is my job as a consultant of the funeral parlor". The female smiled, silently asking herself how he had no mora, even though he had a job in Liyue Harbor.

The four of them ended up talking about the history of Liyue, while looking out for the Glaze Lilies that Zhongli wanted to get.

"So Morax was the one who created the Guyun Stone Forest?", Aether asked surprised, remembering the gigantic mountains that peeked out of the ocean.

Zhongli nodded, his eyes gazing at the night sky. "Indeed. Legends say, that it is the place where Rex Lapis subdued a great sea monster"

Paimon gasped, not quite believing in the power of the Geo Archon.

"It is just a myth. Nonetheless, Morax is still known as one of the strongest personalities", (y/n) explained swiftly while scanning the grassland for Glaze Lilies.

Said flower was discovered by Aether, just a few seconds later. "Those petals are so pretty!", Paimon exclaimed with sparkling eyes and pointed to the blueish petals of the plant.

Zhongli agreed with a nod, before saying something. "I suppose that we gathered all materials for the Rite of Parting. You have my gratitude"

Paimon proudly grinned, and brushed it off. "It was absolutely no problem for Paimon!"

Aether on the other hand sighed, thoughtfully looking at the flower in his hands.

"Is anything wrong, Aether?", (y/n) asked after noticing him silently drift away. He shook his head and tugged his lips into a reassuring smile.

"It's nothing. I just.. wanted to ask Rex Lapis something about my sister, that is all".

Zhongli closely observed Aether's disappointed expression, before suggesting to return to Liyue Harbor.

Paimon quickly agreed with him and yawned. "It's about time that we go back!"

A Fatui greeted them at the gate of Liyue Harbor, making Aether squint his eyes, not letting his guard down when he noticed more Fatui's standing around the area.

(y/n) quietly stood behind them and listened to their conversation, slightly surprised at the Fatui's words as she repeated them in her head.

The adepti? In Liyue Harbor?

"So the Qixing want to stall the adepti outside of Liyue?", Paimon repeated confused, earning a firm nod in response. The Fatui sighed and rubbed his temples. "I can't believe that Ningguang pulled the Fatui into this as well.."

"By the way, I have heard that the Wangshen Funeral Parlor has been caught up in this chaos too", he informed Zhongli, who placed a finger on his chin before turning to Aether and Paimon.

"Well, I better get going then", he paused for a moment.

"And.. You should look out for him, if you wish to prevent Liyue from more chaos", he smiled warmly at the traveler and turned way, gently grabbing (y/n)'s wrist to pull her away from the scenery as well.

The female growled and furrowed her brows, clearly irritated as she noticed that they were not going to the Wangshen Funeral Parlor.

"Zhongli, what do you mean? And what does Childe have to do with this?". It was obvious that the person Zhongli was talking about was the Fatui Harbinger.

The Geo Archon blinked twice, slightly startled at her question.

"I am surprised that you didn't notice", he then slowly hummed and looked down to (y/n), who just shot him a confused glance.

A chuckle escaped his lips as he continued to climb up stairs that led to a mountain near Liyue Harbor, (y/n) quickly following him.

"You will see"

————

So, I didn't really want Xiao that bad and I am absolutely happy with my C5 Beidou hahaha.. but this is straight up bullying.

And I am so sorry for this crappy chapter :|