Chapter 35

I know it's been way too long, but this is... 15 pages long. Hope that makes up for it... I love you...

Also, like 6500 ish words. I guess. So... yeah.

***

It took almost half an hour until my mom finally stopped crying and calmed down, and we became able to talk to each other again.

We'd gotten seated in the living room, my mom refusing to let go of her sister, even for a moment- she held onto her right arm, while their parents held onto her left one. The talking flowed smoothly, and it was almost an hour until I realized I hadn't heard Allen's voice in a while. He'd guided us all into the living room, and then seemingly slipped out.

I mumbled an excuse about needing the bathroom, getting up from the couch and past my pops and nana, who was now meeting my mom's parents for the first time- my nana and grandmother seemed to already get along great. I could imagine the fights during Monopoly games already- both of my grandmothers were famous for being notorious cheaters during any and all board games they played.

I looked over my shoulder just as I was about to exit the doorway. My mom was smiling, laughing, surrounded by her family, and my dad was beside her, smiling, being happy for her. It made my heart glow in my chest.

Finally, I turned around and headed out of the doorway, first off trying out the kitchen- empty. With a sigh, I headed up the stairs, poking my head into his bedroom. The light shone through the blinds, lines of sun patterning across the hardwood floors, light grey walls, and dark bedding on the canopy bed. Finally, I headed for his office, a smile appearing on my lips when I found him in his office chair, his eyes flashing over his computer screen, earbuds in.

With a deep breath, I walked up to him slowly, placing my hand on his shoulder, giving it a little squeeze. His lips titled up, and he pulled out one of the earbuds. "Shouldn't you be enjoying yourself downstairs?"

I shrugged, running my hand from his shoulder down his arm, his eyes closing as I did. "I guess, but I figured that I should... say thank you. So much. So, so, so much. You'll never get her to admit it, but you're probably my mom's favorite person today,"

Allen snorted. "Probably. She'd die before uttering anything slightly similar,"

I giggled, nodding. "You're probably right... aren't you coming downstairs? You should probably formally meet them... all things considered. And your family's gonna be here in like, an hour, so that's a thing too,"

He wrapped his hands around mine, bringing it to his lips and placing a kiss on my sweaty palm. I scrunch my nose. "They're not coming over, I just had to keep my cover. We are going to dinner at my mom's favorite restaurant tomorrow, and then we'll find some other time for our families to meet. I figured that today should be all about you guys... reconnecting," he kisses each of my knuckles, slowly.

I couldn't stop giggling. "If you're gonna have to do that, you gotta shave- your stubble's tickling,"

I could almost see the lightbulb appear over his head, before he pulled my arm back to his tips, running his beard over my skin. "Stop it you jackass," I tried pulling my arm away, my stomach cramping with laughter. "Stop!" I almost couldn't breathe.

He chuckled and kept at it, his teeth nibbling into my skin, making a startled scream escape me. He laughed, and the next second, my feet left the floor, and I found myself in Allen's lap his hand gently wrapped around my wrist. He smirked, cocking up his eyebrow, holding my hands up to demonstrate just how effectively he had captured me. "Tell me you love me, and I'll let you go,"

"I don't hate you,"

He raised an eyebrow. I groaned. "Fine... I only slightly dislike you,"