Hospitals and Confessions

Lilah

"Can you knock it off?!" Kayla begged, frustrated. My excessive tapping stopped and I gave her a look. "Sorry. Lilah, things are okay. Finn is alive and well. He just took a beating."

I gave her another look and she sighed. She leaned her head on my shoulder and closed her eyes.

"I know you're worried about Finn. I am too. It's just that you should be celebrating right now! Micheal was arrested and you don't have to worry about him coming back."

She was right, but it was so hard to think about other things when someone I care about was in so much pain.

I stayed quiet instead of responding and closed my eyes, leaning my head against hers. Through all of this, I'm glad I have Kayla.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The movement of someone shaking me, startled me awake. I opened my eyes to see Kayla in front of me with a small smile on her face.

"Guess what." I hummed a response and she continued. "It's your turn to see Finn."

Suddenly any trace of tiredness that I had been feeling, was gone. The only thing that was left was the urge to see him.

The receptionist yelled the room number as I entered the long hallway. Being in a hospital just felt wrong, it reminded me that someone got hurt because of me. He was trying to protect me.

I reached the boring white door and took a deep breath before knocking. I heard a female voice shout at me to "come in."

"I thought it was about time that we brought you in. Finn has been asking. We just thought it would be best to bring family in first."

I nodded in agreement and then switched my gaze over to the beautiful smile that was directed right towards me. I smiled back.

"Alright. I'm gonna leave you two to talk, I'll be back in like thirty minutes." The nurse said, and she left the room, leaving me and Finn alone.

"Hey." I greeted in a soft voice, sitting down on the edge of the hospital bed.

"Hey." He whispered back. I automatically got butterflies from the sound of his sleepy voice, and the way that he was looking at me certainly did not help either.

"I'm so sorry." I said, my eyes welling up with tears. He grabbed my hand, concern covering his features.

"For what?" He asked, searching my face for any hint as to why I was bothered.

"This is my fault. Your in the hospital because you tried to help me." The effort I put in trying not to cry, went to waste when a tear escaped.

"No, Lilah. You have nothing to be sorry for. I chose to do this for you because I care about you. If I hadn't have helped and something had happened to you, it would hurt so much more than anything that happened yesterday." He reached up and wiped the tear off my face.

"You really care about me that much?" I asked.

"I've cared about you since the minute we had that accident. Why do you think I left you the money?"

"Oh." I fidgeted awkwardly with my fingers, and he grabbed my hands. It felt like my hands were burning from his touch. It felt right. Then all of the thoughts flooded in. We're just friends. He friend zoned me, this can't happen.