47

He graduated after his third year. UA high colors on his back as his class stood beside him in a crowd. When the ceremony was over, he went out with all his friends. They laughed and all got drunk, eighteen year olds and freshly exactic with the prospect of new internships at hero agencies and big, beautiful futures ahead.

The whole night, he watched his friends be crazy. Watched them laugh and do stupid shit and play games and get all reminiscent about their high school years.

You were at the center of it all. A dress, red, just as he said would suit you, adorning you perfectly. You smiled so much, dancing with your friends, your brother kissing you on the forehead since he'd had his growth spurt. Bakugo smirked at the scene.

You were just so happy.
So was he.

When he finally brought you home, he called you by your hero name, Strata, as you teased him with a variety of his past hero name ideas, lord and king explosion murder and lord explosion murder god, and so forth. He laughed as he peeled the dress off of you, kissed and touched and held you throughout the night that you started your life together.

As the years went on, he got his own agency, you got yours. He bought a house for the two of you just outside the city because he wanted a backyard and fresh air for his kids one day.

You were so happy then too, smiled so hard it should've cracked your face as you kissed him when he put the keys in your palm.

Every morning, the two of you would fight about who had to drive who to work, playing rock paper scissors which he always managed to lose for some reason. But that didn't matter right, because sometimes the two of you would cross each other while patrolling. You would wink at him, pass him a quick kiss, make him glad you'd be the one he was lucky to come home to.

You supported him through everything, you gave him sanity when he thought he wasn't good enough, you reminded him to relax and breathe on days he trained and fought too hard, you treated his injuries while he treated yours.

He revelled in watching you grow, as a hero, as a person just as you did him.

You were so happy.
So was he.

One day, your belly started to swell. And after nine months of Bakugo fussing over little things like not letting too many people touch you and making sure you ate the right things and coming home only to fall asleep with his hands against your stomach, he met his first child.

He loved them so much it hurt. So did you.

When the second one came, it was the same.

You were so happy.
So was he.

And finally, he'd had everything he'd ever wanted...

Bakugo fell asleep thinking about that almost every night. Looking forward to a future that only held the possibilities of "us".

***

He was out of breath already. Outnumbered, surrounded by those villains no longer just standing back against a wall, but full blown attacking him. It's as if they didn't care if he was hurt at all- just ready to immobilize him at any cost if it meant the heroes wouldn't get him back.

And Bakugo was looking forward to fighting them, smirked at them when the daze of the wrap gates wore off. He wanted to blow them up, using his explosions to blast them backwards and into the rubble they'd just been transported to.

But you weren't there. A few moments ago he was holding you in his arms, relieved to have you back, relieved All Might was there- even if it totally wouldn't have been hard to beat them and he totally wasn't scared at all!