88

He stared at her side view for a few more seconds before quietly slipping away.

"Lina!" Rienne waved to Angelina as she approached her.

Even before Rienne got close, Angelina could tell she was in a bad mood... and she was right. When the Balloria family arrived, Rienne expected a grand welcome. But they were barely noticed. Everybody was too busy buttering up to Chase and Evelina.

"Hmph! Do they think my family is inferior to the Casspan family!?" As soon as Rienne was standing beside Angelina, she started complaining.

Seeing Rienne's lively spirit again, Angelina felt slightly better. She shifted her gaze away from the 'perfect couple', to face Rienne.

"Why are you standing in the corner like some outcast, Lina? Why aren't you with lady Alice or lady Arianna?" Rienne asked.

Angelina remained silent for a few seconds before chuckling. 'This girl...does she not care if anyone hears her speak so harshly...?' Angelina thought.

"I just wanted to be as far away as possible from...them" Angelina replied while smiling.

"You mean... marquess Casspan's son and the b*tch? Honestly... I would do the same." Rienne smirked and nodded. She looked at the couple that was being completely surrounded and sneered. She felt pity for the young that will have to tolerate his wife 'secretly' flirting with other men.

"Let's go. The other's are probably wondering where we are." Angelina stated as she took the red haired lady's hand, to look for their friends.

Luckily Alice, Arianna, and the others were not gathered at the center of the ballroom. Angelina sighed a breath of relief. She was grateful that she did not have to endure listening to praises people were drowning Chase and Evelina in.

Their group stood slightly at the center, but far enough that Angelina could ignore Evelina's presence.

"Lina, there you are! I was wondering where you went." Alice was the first to notice them. She opened her arms and hugged Angelina.

Angelina thought she was just being clingy again so she hugged back. Due to their position, Angelina was unable to see the smug, victory smile Alice was shooting Rienne.

"........" Rienne pouted and glared at Alice.

Alice responded by acting scared and hiding herself deeper in Angelina's embrace.

Rienne felt like she was losing braincells. She never expected that one day, she would be teased by the shy and meek lady Alice.

'Good! Truly amazing indeed! You dare bully me Alice! I won't let you off next time!' Rienne exclaimed in her heart. She would definetly win next time!

*********************

"Congratulations sir Chase and lady Evelina!"

"You two are such a wonderful couple! Truly a matchmade in heaven!"

"Lady Evelina, you look so beautiful today."

"Young master is so blessed to have lady Evelina as your future wife!" The nobles praised the two for so long, even Evelina is finding a hard time to keep up her smile.

"Ahaha... Thank you everyone!" Evelina giggled and thanked everyone. Her face beamed with light. Once she smiled, it's as if the sun had risen, and the flowers have bloomed. Everyone couldn't help but sigh in awe of her beauty.

Chase merely smiled and thanked everyone. Sometimes he couldn't stop himself from stealing a few glances of the smiling silver haired lady, standing with a group of noble ladies. She was giving off a cold, elegant, and sophisticated aura.