Eight - Trust, You Have to Earn

"Shh."

A hand covering your mouth pulled you out of your slumber, eyes opening wide when you panicked for a moment.

"Don't move."

Jungkook's voice. He was the one pressing you against him from behind, large hand muffling any sounds you made.

Confused and sleepy as you were, did it take you a moment to comprehend your surroundings; You were still in the cozy little house the four of you had found almost untouched at the outer circle of the city, but Yoongi and Moonbyul were no where to be seen and-

"Hnnghm-!"

"I said 'shh'!" Jungkook underlined his hushed words by pressing you tighter against him, eyes trained at the abnormally large prowler standing a few meters away, behind the kitchen counter.

It was rare to encounter prowlers like that; This one looked less like a human and more like a bear. A bear with unnaturally skinny limbs, but it definitely seemed like a good comparison. It didn't seem to having noticed either of you yet, senselessly rampaging through the kitchen.

You felt Jungkook's heart beat on your back. It was calm and even, the total opposite to your racing pulse.

How in hell could he stay so collected?

"Chickie..." He breathed into your ear, "We need to get you outta here. I can't do anything in a tight space like this or I'll hurt you."

Well, he usually didn't care about this when swinging his scythe around like a maniac right next to you, but okay.

"Yoomgi?" You asked through his hand.

He just frowned bitterly, head jerking to the opened window, "Follow me."

You were glad that you left your stuff in the car when you followed the man, sticking closely to his back as he moved entirely soundless towards the window, knees bent and shoulders pressed low in an attempt to make yourselves as small as possible.

Jungkook held his scythe hovering over the ground slightly, trying to keep the blade from catching the moonlight outside, reflection probably ending up turning the giant prowler towards him.

If you weren't so busy with trying to breathe as little as possible in order to not make any noise, you would've probably been awed by the way Jungkook managed to be so magically quiet, wile he is usually a total spaz when you're alone.

You had just managed to crawl til under the windowsill, relief swapping over you, when the bone chilling sound of a fucking vase hitting the ground echoed through the dead silent room.

Talking about Jungkook being a total spaz.

He hissed embarrassed, retreating the scythe that had knocked the vase over.

Immediately, the prowler turned around, launching forwards over the kitchen counter. Apparently he was not only abnormal in build but also speed.

You felt the hilt of the other's scythe hitting you in the stomach, pushing you away against the window, frantic expression on your companion's face when he just managed to bring the metal rod between him and the monster, both hands holding the weapon horizontally as he wrestled with the prowler.

"Go!" He shouted, black fluid of the creature splattering over his face as he kicked after it, "Or I won't be able to do anything!"

Your eyes widened when you remembered his words from earlier and you quickly scrambled out of the window, tumbling onto the grass outside while the monster behind you gurgled and hissed grossly.