Tall.

Sophie stared up at the gray book sitting on the top shelf of the bookshelf, hands on her hips and her options dwindling.

By now, Sophie would have gladly just grabbed another random book and done her Telepathic Studies project on that one instead. However, this book was the one that was most highly recommended by her professor, the book notorious for being extremely difficult and wordy. However, it would also give her tons of brownie points, and would basically guarantee a 100 on the project. Despite all of the benefits, Sophie was the only one in her class who hadn't shied away from "The In's and Out's of the Telepath mind" in pursuit of another, easier book.

However, she was starting to see the benefits of the other books, especially the easier ones that were on the lower, more accessible shelves.

In any other normal situation, Sophie would have just grabbed a ladder and been on her merry way, book in hand and project already started. However, she had already been teased relentlessly by the library monitor, who offered to give her a permanent ladder with her name on it just in case she ever wanted to check out a book, to which she had angrily refused and stomped away.

It wasn't her fault that she was.....vertically challenged. She just happened to inherit genes that didn't give her much room for growth, literally. To make matters worse, all those years spent in the human world eating unhealthy food tailored for humans hadn't exactly helped prompt a growth spurt, nor give her any of the nutrients required to grow to her full height. Despite going to Elwin multiple times, desperately pleading for anything that would make her even remotely average height, there was nothing anyone could do, and despite being one of the people who weren't particularly tall nor short at Foxfire, here in the Silver Towers, she was the shortest person in their whole graduating class.

Standing at her full height of a measly five feet, 2 inches, and with the book located at the very top shelf, she was starting to consider swallowing her pride and going to get the ladder, despite the short jokes and teasing that would inevitably follow. Considering the fact that she still hadn't completely mastered levitation, and didn't want to knock over the rest of the books in the process of trying to get the book she needed, going to go get the ladder was starting to become her only option.

Steeling herself for the onslaught of bullying that would soon follow, she was about to make her way to the front desk when she felt a warm presence behind her.

A large hand made its way up to the gray book on the shelf, grabbing it easily by the spine.

"Is this the book you were looking for Foster?"
Keefe asked simply.

Not trusting her voice to speak, Sophie only nodded as she felt her face flush, knowing Keefe could probably see the tips, if not the whole of her ear, turning red.

"Cool. See you around."

And with that, Keefe placed the book on a lower shelf in front of her and left the library, leaving Sophie to stare straight ahead at the gray, worn copy of "The In's and Out's of the Telepath Mind" on the shelf and wonder why her heart was beating so fast.

After an unhealthy amount of time spent staring at the book, she checked it out and walked straight back to her dorm room, in a daze, politely declining her friend's offers to hang out, and collapsed straight onto her bed.

She had a lot of thinking to do.

For starters, when had this......obsession, begun?

She had met plenty of tall people in her life so far, in fact, most elves were taller than her.

So why did Keefe's height make her so flustered?

And it clearly wasn't just his height that had an effect on her, but his size in general. She had nearly turned into a tomato just from seeing his hand grab the book off the shelf!

His very large hand.

With long, soft looking fingers.

Fingers that would feel very nice when twined around her own.

Shaking her head, she pulled out her old iPod to research her symptoms. The sooner she discovered what was afflicting her, the sooner she could cure herself.

Tall guys and blushing?
No results.

Big hands, blush reaction?
No results.

One specific tall guy makes me blush because he's taller than me?
No results.

She angrily tossed the iPod off her bed, steeling herself for what she would have to do.

It was time for her to conduct her own research.