FORTY FIVE

"____, slow down!"

Toga exclaimed, pulling a t-shirt on over her head as she got out of her car and followed me.

But there was only one thing on my mind I couldn't be stopped.

I ran inside the first door into the dark room and went up the steps. So many emotions spiraling inside of me I couldn't get ahold of myself. But I didn't care.

As soon as I saw that look in Dabi's eye. The look of hopelessness, the goodbye, I knew there was only one way I could get him out.

I needed help.

I swung the door open, the door knob smashing against the opposite wall. Everyone in the room except Shigaraki jumping at the sound.

He sat at a stool at the far end of the bar. Legs crossed. Drink in hand. Looking at ease. Gloves off.

I stood at the open door, fuming, but before I could get a word out, the blue haired man began to speak.

"I heard the news." He looked down at his nails, almost to show off he had no gloves on, "So sad really."

My hands went into fists, "Why the fuck didn't you tell me he was arrested?"

As he always was, Kurogiri was behind the bar, just watching the interaction, cautious of Shigaraki's hands. Toga walked in behind me, slipping past and standing by the wall, also observing how it was about to go down.

"Maybe if we were friends I would've, but you never wanted to spend any time with me..." He frowned.

I stepped forward aggressively, "CUT THE BULLSHIT. Why was Dabi the only one caught? What kind of mission were you guys on?"

His face went serious and he locked eyes with me, I stared back just as hard.

"I told you to fix him. You didn't." His eye contact relaxed, "His own fault really. Too emotional lately."

It was like I could feel the blood course through my veins with the rage I had, every thing in me tensing up.

"YOU SET HIM UP DIDN'T YOU?" I took another step closer but Toga grabbed my arm.

I looked back at her and she nudged her head towards his hands. One touch and he could so easily kill me. His quirk was too powerful. I stayed put.

Shigaraki scratched his neck, "He wasn't any help to me so I needed to teach him a lesson." A small burst of laughter came from his lips, "Guess it worked!"

I had never been so livid in my life.

"HE IS GOING TO DIE TOMURA. IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT." I shouted, angry and desperate.

He cocked an eyebrow, "Ooo first name basis now? Well I'm sure he will be thinking of you this whole time before they—"

I could feel tears prickle at the corners of my eyes, my head pounding.

"—SAVE HIM!"

From the hall where all the bedrooms were, in walked Zoe, scratching at the top of her head, looking dazed and confused.

"What's with all the shouting?"

I ignored her at kept my eyes on Shigaraki.

He shrugged, "Don't feel like it."

My chest sank. He was my only way of getting him out. There was no doubt he was in a high security system prison and I would need the whole league, not just Toga and I.

He has to help me. I have no other choice. I need Dabi. Dabi can't be killed.

Shigaraki looked back down at his nails, clearly nowhere near as worked up as I was. Zoe began walking towards her boyfriend.

How can I force him to without—

My eyes widened and without even thinking I did it.

"Save him or I'll fucking kill her." I warned, my hand wrapped around the back of Zoe's neck.

I could feel her whole body stiffen underneath my grasp, her hands slowly going out in front of her to show she wasn't going to counter attack.

If I can't get close to Shigaraki, I'll fake threaten the one he loves. I'll do whatever it takes to save Dabi.

I looked up at Shigaraki but couldn't read his expression.

"Now ____, let's all just relax and—" Kurogiri began.

"—No, no." Shigaraki interrupted, a wicked smile spreading across his face.

I looked at him confused.

"Do it."

"What?" Toga and Zoe said in unison, Zoe much more shocked.

My body froze.

I wasn't expecting him to say that.

It's like his smile got wider. He stood and began laughing, "I'll make you a deal. You kill Zoe right here, right now. We will go save Dabi."

"T-tomura?" Zoe questioned, her voice shaky.

My mouth opened to respond but nothing came out. I had a living breathing human in my hand. I swore to never use my quirk for death.

"Oh? Was it just a bluff after all? Guess it'll be Dabi dying then..." Shigaraki slumped back down into his stool.

"Tomura stop. This isn't funny." Toga exclaimed.

I could feel Zoe's body began to shake under my palm.

"What? I gave her a choice. I'm not forcing her to do anything."

My mind raced to all the times I had to watch young patients die in the hospital. Whether it be natural causes or a horrific accident. Then I thought to when I watched Dabi begin to murder that man in my apartment. How terrible it feels to witness death. I couldn't imagine being the cause of it.

Slowly I began to release my fingers.

'I know I couldn't say it before... but I do.'

But then Zoe's dead body dropped to the floor.