43. FIN

*Unedited*

"How?" Pierre asked, still processing the information.

Josephine wanted to roll her eyes but didn't want to be rude to her boyfriend's father. Instead, she shrugged and rolled her sleeve back down.

She saw Solero pout, as he couldn't see her tattoos anymore. She flashed him a grin and he looked away, a pink hue making its way on his cheek.

Fin heard Donatello chuckle and he pecked her head.

Sienna opened her mouth to speak but was cut off by the sound of Josephine's ring tone. 

She looked and saw it was Vesper calling her. She looked at Donatello and he nodded. She excused herself and walked a few feet away from them to take the call.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Josephine, we have a problem. Please come home," He said, worry and anxiousness laced his tone.

"Okay. What's wrong?" She asked. Her eldest brother hardly ever sounds like this, he sounded vulnerable.

Fin walked back to her boyfriend and his family. She tugged on the sleeve of his shirt, catching his attention.

"Vesper called. Something's wrong, I need to go home," She said.

"Alright," He replied, concerned.

He faced his parents.

"It's okay, figlio. We understand. You and Josephine visit again soon, okay?" Sienna said warmly.

Son

", mama. We will," He answered. She smiled and patted his cheek lovingly.

She then turned to Josephine and pulled her in a hug. "It was nice meeting you, Josephine."

"It was great meeting you too," Fin responded.

She faced Pierre and shook his hand and nodded. He nodded back and smiled at her.

"Ready?" Donatello asked, his keys swinging on his finger. She said yes and they left the house, waving goodbye to his parents.

When they got into the car, Donatello kissed her lips. "You impressed them." He smiled.

"I did?" She questioned.

"Mhm, just like you impress me every day."

She grinned and kissed him. 

They pulled away and drove off, heading to Josephine's house to see what was going on.

They arrived about half an hour later and saw the mansion crawling with more guards than usual.

They looked at each other in confusion. Donatello pulled two guns out of the glove department and handed one to Josephine as a precaution.

She nodded and they exited the car. The guards seemed to already know who they were and let them through without any trouble.

When they walked into the house, her brothers, including Anatoly, were standing there. They looked scared and nervous like they anticipated something bad was going to happen.

'Maybe it was,' Fin thought.

Hayes was the first to see them enter and immediately rushed to Josephine and pulled her into a hug.

"You have no idea how worried we were," He muttered.

"Huh?" She asked confused.

He sighed and took a few steps back, standing beside Theo.

"What's going on?" She demanded an answer. They were acting too strange and very unlike themselves. Hell! Hayes even hugged her!

"Anton blew up one of my shipments and sent a message," Anatoly blurted. "He has more allies and men than we thought. One being the German Mafia."

"Go on," Fin urged.

"He wants to meet you tomorrow," He said with a frown and handed her the note that was found near the attack.

Josephine opened it and read aloud.

"Meet me where the sun meets the sea and come alone, otherwise people will start dying."

She crumpled the paper in her hand. She knew where that was and shivered at the memories playing in her head. She hated that place.

"I'll go," She announced, determined to put a stop to him. He has hurt enough people.

Fin can already feel their disapproval and she shrugged. "I am not letting anyone get hurt," She continued.

"We're coming with you," Vesper declared.

She shook her head. "It's too dangerous. Do not follow me," She commanded.

Vesper sighed in defeat and nodded, hesitantly. He was obviously not going to listen to her. Josephine and his brother's safety is his top priority.

Donatello turned her around to face him and cupped her cheeks. "I can not let you go alone. As you said, it's too dangerous, especially for you, Josephine. It's you that he wants."

Fin smiled. "I know, but I can take care of myself and I am careful. Trust me, please," She begged.

He closed his eyes, thinking. "Fine," He relented, "But if you are not back in two hours..."

She cut him off by kissing him. "Thank you," She muttered.

"I love you," He said.

"I love you too."

They broke apart when Harrison cleared his throat.  "We're still here, you know," He joked.

Josephine rolled her eyes but smiled at her brothers.

"Where is the place that Anton wants you to meet him?" Theodore asked, confused.

"I'm not telling you because then you would go there and that's a risk I will not take," She said.

"Fine," Theo grumbled, disappointed.

"Don't worry, I'll be okay," She reassured.

'I hope,' She thought.