Wisdom Teeth

PLEASE READ:

Hey guys, I'm about to do something that I will probably never do again. I'm about to publish 10 oneshots in a row from this book that are written in my draft. And the reason being is because over the last month I have been doing nothing but just writing Josh and Maya oneshots and I have a bunch on here that aren't published. So I'm just going to go head and publish them so that you guys can have 10 to read at one time. I'll never do this again, haha. So thank you for reading, and please enjoy!
1/10
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Uncle Josh!" Riley exclaimed as she came through the door of her apartment, holding up a very disoriented blond in her arms. Josh looked at his niece and his girlfriend with raised eyebrows. "I bring you a gift!" Riley said before she flung Maya off her, and into her uncles awaiting arms.

Josh caught Maya just in time before she hit the floor and held her up as he wrapped his arms around her waist, giving his niece a glare for pushing her like she did. Maya had a goofy smile on her face, and her cheeks were puffed out from the cotton that she had in them. Maya looked up at Josh as he looked down at her, and her eyes lit up.

"Boing!" Maya exclaimed in a high squeal as she threw her arms up in the air. "What are you doing here?" She asked him, the goofy smile still on her face. Josh had an amused smile on his face. Her words were slightly slurred.

"Hey there, Gorgeous." Josh greeted her as she laid her head on his shoulder.

"Mmm, you smell nice." Maya breathed out. Josh smiled before he started walking her over to the couch and helping her sit down. "I had a dream, that I went to another planet, and there were aliens with masks over their faces looking down at me in their UFO." Maya told him as he fluffed some pillows behind her back and made her sit back.

"She had her wisdom teeth taken out this morning." Riley confirmed. Josh nodded at her.

"I know." He stated before looking back over at Maya, who was poking her cheeks with her finger. "She still high?" Josh asked her as he stared at his girlfriend.

"Dentist said she'll be like this for another couple of hours." Riley said. Josh nodded as he grabbed Maya's wrist and stopped her from slapping the side of her face with her hand.

"I cant feel anything." Maya said as she snatched her hand away from Josh and poked her face again. She brought her finger up to Josh's cheek and poked his and then shook her head. "I still cant feel anything."

"That's because you're poking my face." Josh told her. Josh grabbed her hand and kissed her finger before lacing their fingers together. Maya's eyes went wide.

"You cant kiss me, Riley's uncle might get jealous." Maya told him. Josh smirked her.

"Maya, I am Riley's uncle." He told her. "We're dating." He stated.

"We are?" She asked him. "But I thought I was dating Josh?" Maya asked him. Josh grinned as he looked up at Riley.

"Dont worry about it, she thought I was Farkle on the way home." Riley rolled her eyes.

Maya brought her hand up and opened her mouth. She put her fingers in her mouth and pulled out some of the cotton that was in her mouth that was stained with blood. She looked at it for a moment and then her eyes went wide and she looked up at Josh.

"My tongue!" She exclaimed. "My tongue fell out!" She held the cotton ball up to Josh's face, who grabbed her wrist and held it before she bumped his face with the cotton ball. "I wont be able to talk anymore!"

"That's not your tongue, baby. That's just the cotton in your mouth. You're still talking." He told her. Maya stared at him like she didnt understand a word he said. She looked down at the cotton and brought it back to her mouth. She winced before dropping  the cotton in her lap and then bringing her hand up to hold her cheek.

"My face hurts." She said. Josh grabbed the blanket off the couch and placed it over her before heading to the kitchen and grabbing a fresh icepack from the freezer.

"The dentist says that some people react to the gas in different ways. Some are sad, some are angry, some are happy. And some can be a bit of two or all three." Riley told Josh as she set her cup of tea that she just made on the counter. "Maya's been having a bit of both happy and sad."

"How was the trip home?" Josh asked her. Riley huffed.

"She cried for a whole ten minutes because I wouldn't let her put half her body out of the window on the way home." Riley told him. "The dentist says that some people can be a little overly sensitive to the things you say or do while they're on this gas." Josh chuckled a bit as he ruffled Riley's hair, ignoring the glare that she gave him before he went back to the couch.

It was a little alarming to see that Maya actually had real tears streaming down her face as he walked up and sat down beside her, because Maya was not a crier. She hated crying, she didnt feel like she was too far into her relationship with Josh that she would let him see her cry.

"Whats up?" Josh asked her as he reached over and placed the ice pack gently over her swelling jaw. Maya looked up at him with a heartbreaking expression, Josh would have felt very concerned if he didn't know that this was because she was still high.

"Would you still love me even if I had no tongue?" She asked him, her lip out in almost a pout. Josh froze for a moment, this was the first time either of them had ever said 'I love you' to each other. And though he did love her, but he didnt imagine the first time him saying it would be while she was high on laughing gas.

His hesitation in answering seemed to make it worse, as Maya looked at him with wide eyes and new fresh tears started rolling down her face.

"I knew it, was it because of the aliens? Were they the ones that cut off my tongue?" Maya asked him in a tone that seemed as though this was a serious thought and discussion they were having. Josh bit his lip to keep from smiling.

"Maya, I would love you even if half your body was missing." He told her honestly. This seemed to calm her down a bit as she gave him a weak smile and brought her hand up to replace his on the icepack.

"Okay." She whispered. "Did you hear that Farkle?" Maya called to the kitchen at where Riley was standing. Riley glared at her best friend and shook her head.

"Oh good grief." Riley mumbled. Josh quietly laughed under his breath and tired to hide his smile by burring his face in a pillow so Maya wouldn't see.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading!