Chapter 47: I Miss You

A few days had passed since the incident. The Emperor had luckily woken up sooner than expected and was able to eat. Cassien and Peter were with him helping him out as he got better.

"You know I can feed myself." The Emperor said stubbornly.

"Don't be a child." Peter said back, "You need to be healthy again."

"Of course I'm healthy!" The Emperor tried to sit up, but failed to do so and fell back in pain, "Argh..."

"I told you." Peter sighed.

"So how is the investigation going so far?"

Cassien was sitting on the couch typing things on his laptop as he spoke, "Well, the Roberts guy has refused to speak. We are trying to bring in his daughter to see if she can talk sense into him. But, he's oddly afraid."

"Afraid?"

"It's like something is holding him back to speak. I'm not sure what it is though."

"I see...The man has reasons, but your going to have to put those reasons aside. This investigation has gone far too long."

"I know. It's sort of pissing me off too." Cassien agreed.

"I'm surprised." The Emperor chuckled, "To use that language you must be extra frustrated. Also...You should really go back home Cassien. The hospital isn't your home, you know that right?"

"Is it not?" He said sarcastically.

"Why aren't you home anyways?"

He was a bit afraid to tell him the reason why, "Because I want to be with my father, obviously."

"Oh really? I'm very honored."

"He just doesn't want to see Lyrica." Peter confessed for him, "You know you can't just keep running away from her. He literally goes home at three or four in the morning just to shower and change clothes, then comes back here to do all his work and take care of you. Way to treat you guests."

"Hey!" Cassien snapped, "I'm just trying to keep my boundaries."

"Your boundaries?" The Emperor raised his eyebrow, "Is this because of what I told you before?" He sighed remembering what he told Cassien in the past, "Look...It's clear to me that you have gotten over her. But, you shouldn't let this get into the way of your friendship."

"Nope it's fine—"

"It's not." The Emperor said firmly, "I must've misled you by thinking to avoid her. You should talk it out with her, I'm sure she wants to talk to you too."

"It's fine!" Cassien furrowed his eyebrows, "It's my own choice, alright?"

"Cassien, are you really going to let it be like this? Your not going to hold any regrets in the future? Let me tell you this." The Emperor put his food down, "Me and Eric never got a long as teenagers. We were the polar opposites. He broke the rules, while I followed them. One time we had a huge argument about some academy event we had to plan together. We physically fought each other. Then we were told to reflect on our actions. Weirdly during detention we got closer to each other and we put aside our differences. If I never did that maybe we wouldn't have been life long friends. I'm glad we were able to accept each other. I think your should do the same towards Lyrica."

Cassien avoided his gaze. He knew his father was right, but to Cassien this situation was much more than a falling out. Cassien just didn't want to face her.

Ring ring

Peter's phone rang and he answered the call, "Hello?"

"Oh hey so we were trying to—"