Chapter 20

Hope

We're about to enter the mountains, it's almost an hour and we're still on a ride, I think we're already far away from the suburbs.

I couldn't look at Juan's phone in fear of alert in the kidnappers, I can only wait for them to move.

"I want to go home" I heard Xiao Ruo whispered, his voice tinged with sadness making my eyes feel watery.

"Me too"

I wanted to go home, I wanted to be with my parents and feel their warm embrace again, I want to live.

I died so early, I didn't even get to marry nor have a boyfriend and now, I have become a kid. It means starting all over again, ugh!

"Don't worry, we'll survive this together" I look into his teary eyes and clasp his two hands.

"Really?" His hooded eyes blink the tears away and I nodded in conviction.

Our hands were intertwined with each other as we look in the faraway distance, our eyes filled with hope and fear.

The car stop and I felt my heart fell from my stomach, oh no, does it mean we've already reached our doom?

"Get off" the old man grunted and soon, the car opened making our eyes squint. It's been so long since I've seen the sun again.

Our legs were trembling by the end of our walk, Xiao Ruo was behind me and I was in the front protecting him. We watched vigilantly the two kidnappers, one fat middle-aged woman came, her stomach was seen first before her feet.

"I thought you only have a boy with you" she said with a high-pitched tone, her eyes squinting in contempt looking at the two of us.

"It's additional, if you don't want it then-"

"I didn't say that! Get the girl here" I was pushed to her side, Xiao Ruo is already whimpering on the side. "Hm, although her skin is dark she still looks pretty good" she continued to examine me as if I was a thing about to be sold to a market.

It disgusts me.

"Get them out of this area, the larger the distance the better you'll earn" the old man said before stuffing down an enormous amount of money.

The middle-aged woman crinkled her eyes in delight and nodded before taking us to an old-looking house. The doors opened and walked to the hallways before we were thrown into a basement where dust is clearly accumulated in this place. Kids ranging from 13 to 3 were seen huddling into a tight corner, their eyes glow to the darkroom making the hair of my skin rose.

"JuJu I'm scared" Xiao Ruo was sitting beside me with the two of his hands almost hugging my entire body.

I wanted to retort to him, I mean who wouldn't get scared at this but seeing his pale and pitiful face I refrained from lashing out at him.

"We'll be fine, don't worry"

The bag in my hand felt heavy, I don't want to open it out and drink the water from the bottle inside it. Then my eyes happened to see the sneaky actions of one kid, he took out a piece of candy on his sleeves when he got started by my eyes, and the candy rolled on the floor.

The moment their eyes landed on the candy, the kids ran to the floor and crashed together, their eyes were almost crazy making me scoot back furthermore.

Yep, I'm not gonna take it out, never.

But of course, the heavens truly want me to suffer, the oldest of the kids went in our direction and snatched the bag in my hands.

"No! How dare-"

"Heh, so you were hiding this huh?" His eyes were sinister and I almost want to cuss out this young foolish calf in front of me.

This aunty of yours would truly slap your buttocks, only if I was in my former self.

"I'll give you everything just give me the bag! It's from my mommy!" I cried out, I was afraid that they'll get Juan's phone and we'll get found out.

I rushed to his side and was toppled on the floor when I forgot that Xiao Ruo was hugging me. F*ck!

"Don't go!"

"Let me go!" I wanted to step on that face but it was too beautiful for me, it'll be a waste if I damaged it. So I can only look pleadingly at the boy and thankfully, he throws the by on my face after getting a lot of food inside of it.

I wrapped it in my body and felt my shoulders soften when I see that the phone was still intact though it was already off, the battery must have ended before.

Then I felt a tug from my sleeve and glared at the annoying naive dog. Hmph! My face still hurt from falling off face-first into the dirty floor!

I didn't talk to him and decided to avoid him but he kept on tugging on my sleeves. So I pluck his fingers off my sleeve and held it with my hands then halted at him hatefully.

"Sorry JuJu" I heard him mutter and seconds after, I hum in response.

Fine! Just this once! Don't let me see your red pitiful eyes anymore!

***
Chapter 20 is up!

It must be terrifying to be kidnapped, thankfully I haven't experience that.

Anyway, have a great day everyone! Stay safe and healthy!

Please do VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!