Chapter 21: Giana

"NOAH? GET YOUR FUCKING ASS OVER HERE!" I screamed as my cousin went limp in my arms. My mate runs out wearing nothing but boxers. My wolf goes nuts but I ignore her. He rushes to my side and I roll my eyes as he checks my body for any injuries. He picks up Paige and we head over to the infirmary. "Didn't she say that she was coming in two weeks?" Noah asks, putting her down on the bed. I brushed her hair away from her face behind her ears. "She's been through, a lot," I whispered, looking at my cousin's tearstained face.

Elaine, the pack doctor disinfects the wounds on her knee. "Can you believe her fucking mate? He rejected her! Took another!" I whispered, angrily to my mate. Noah takes a seat and opens his arms to me. I huffed and seat myself on my mate's lap. "Maybe there is a reason behind his rejection," Noah says, playing with the ends of my hair. I whip my head around and narrow my eyes at him. "Honey, haven't you hear of Alpha Dave and Luna Brook's relationship? She left him." He says, making me sigh. That was true. Noah's father was close to Alpha Dave and from the rumours that we heard, Alpha Dave had gone insane after his mate's departure.

I looked at Noah, melting inside. "I'm so lucky to have you as my mate," I said, making a smile light up his face. He nuzzles my neck and kisses my mark. I shivered. I jump out of his arms. "That's it! I'm going to call that stupid Alpha!" I say, grabbing the phone. Noah watches me warily as I dial the pack number. The phone rings, a grumpy voice answers the phone. "Beta Chase of Bluemoon pack. How can I help you?" I straighten my posture and put authority into my voice. Noah smiles, looking proud. "It's Luna Giana of Blackwood pack. Earlier today, my cousin, Paige Turner entered my territory." I explained I grin as I hear rustling and footsteps.

"Hello? It's Alpha Ryder. Is she still there? Is she safe?" A breathless voice answers the phone. I smirked as I reply. "Why don't you find out yourself? See you at the border." I give my mate a coy smile as he shakes his head at me. After 10 minutes, I hear the pack guards mind link us. He had arrived. I ask Elaine to stay with Paige. I loop my arm around my mate's and we walk out to the border. We see Alpha Ryder with leaves in his hair with a dejected expression on his usually expressionless face. His face brightens as he sees us. I skip over to him. "What happened? Did you hurt her? If you did, I will castrate you." I hissed. Noah laughs and pulls me away from Ryder. Ryder sighs, running his hand through his messed-up hair. "Paige's mother passed." He says, looking drained. I gasped. Aunt Lucy died? Noah rubs my back as I recover from the shock.

I grab Ryder's arm and pull him towards the infirmary. He follows me without another word. I watch as he enters the room. He rushes to Paige's side. He hovers over her, checking for injuries. I grinned. Paige was so dense. The Alpha was head over heels in love with her. I saw the way his eyes sparkled when his eyes landed on her. I give Noah a knowing look. It's about to get very very interesting. I say into our mind link and he chuckles, kissing the back of my head. Reminds me of when I courted you, you were just as clueless. He says, making me flush pink as I recalled memories of our first days together. I guess it runs in the family. He remarks, I playfully slap his arm. We turn to see Ryder sitting beside the bed.

Noah walks over to Ryder and slaps him on the back. "It's been a while, Ryder! Heard you rejected your mate." He says, friendly. I hold back the urge to facepalm myself as he bluntly mentions the rejection. Ryder smiles and looks at me. "Good to know that you guys are doing well. Any pups, yet? Last time I heard, you scarred Alpha John with your uhm activities" He states, making me turn crimson. I had totally forgotten. At the last Alpha meeting, Noah, and I got distracted which ended up with the Alpha of the Red Moon pack finding us in a compromising position in the hallway. Noah bursts out laughing. "Touche." He says as I narrow my eyes at him. He was sleeping in the dog house tonight. He stops laughing as he takes in my expression. Ryder smirks but his expression turns serious.

"Thank you for contacting me." He says, looking at me. Noah walks over and pulls me to his side with a smile. "We know the ups and downs of the mate bond, right sweetie." He says, smugly. He was such an idiot. "You're sleeping in the dog house, tonight," I replied, holding back a smile as he pouted. I turned to Ryder who could barely keep his eyes off of Paige. "Paige needs you right now. She might push you away but she needs you." I said, my voice slightly shaky. It hurt me to see my level-headed cousin become the shell of who she was. I hated the way Paige pushed people away from her. I was glad that she had called me though. Elaine walks over to us. "She will wake up soon. She may be slightly disoriented." She explains. Ryder perks up as he sees her stir in the bed.

Her eyelids flutter making my heart jump excitedly. As much as I hated it, I had to play the bad cop. Ready? Noah says, with a soft look in his eyes. I take his hand and grinned. I sighed loudly. I had forgotten that Noah was wearing nothing but boxers. "But first, could you please some clothes on?" I said, exasperated. It was time for two idiots to accept their damn feelings.