40||Reasons||

Not sure of what to do anymore, she leaped off her bed and walked to the halls of the empty house. Just a few hours ago, she was talking to her brother and sharing some brotherly and sisterly moments together and all of a sudden, he had just left with just a ring of his phone. 

It looked urgent to her but when he left, she had started to feel bored out of her mind. Chloe and Jules had gone along with Lin leaving just Adrian and Ariana alone. She felt she was being punished by God on why he wouldn't even talk to her.

How on bubble gum are they going to live together under the same roof and not even talk to each other? She wondered. As she walked, she finds herself aching to touch some flower vases that stood pinned to the wall. Adrian did have a taste of house decor that wondered even why he lived alone. She had seen and heard Lin coming over but then, it was only Lin she ever heard who came to visit. 

Did Adrian not have parents? 

"Bored again?" A sly voice belonging to Adrian spoke. He had scared the life out of her appearing scarily behind her. She almost jumped on her feet to back away from the large figure. 

She swallowed hard. "Yes." She replied looking anywhere but his eyes. She was sure she was going to get flustered just at looking at the handsome in front of her with what he wore. A plain shirt and ripped jeans. It looked bad in some sort of way but it suited him perfectly. It showed just the right amount of tattoos that covered his chest and arms not forgetting the built arms and chest. 

"I know I'm handsome and all but I don't see the need to drool," Adrian spoke snapping her back from her fiction. She didn't even know she was drooling. Her cheeks and neck felt hot out of embarrassment. He had caught her in a disgusting act. 

"Can I go outside?" She spoke softly playing with the sharp edge of the glass that was next to her. This seems to catch Adrian's attention when he took hold of her wrist, taking her hands away from the glass. 

"Don't touch that." He warned releasing her wrists almost immediately. Ariana turned back to look at what she was playing with only to find out it wasn't glass but a knife. She freed her throat and turned back to face Adrian who had an emotionless face on. 

"No, you can't." He answered firmly and started walking away. Ariana scrunched her face together in distaste and ran to catch up with him. The small girl looked almost like a lost puppy. Adrian thought to himself. 

"Where are you going?" She blurted out happily bouncing on her feet. She was disturbing his privacy now but he didn't seem to bother but pulled up with her. 

"Away from you." He mentioned. This made Ariana frown but she didn't show it. She wasn't going to allow him to affect her. 

"What did Liam tell you a while ago?" She asked. She remembered overhearing a conversation that looked heated between her brother and Adrian. If she could remember clearly, they were talking about her stay. 

"None of your business." Adrian tried really hard not to curse in front of Ariana as it would ruin her innocence, Not that he minded. He had cursed in front of her before but now he thought of it, he shouldn't. 

"What did I ever do to you to make you hate me so much you don't even want to talk to me?" The longest question came out of her mouth as she remembered the conversation that was held a few hours ago before her brother came. 

Both of them had stopped in front of the corridor upstairs. With the gloomy looks of the cloud from the mirror, she knew it was going to rain sooner or later. The scenery from the corridor was beautiful when she stared at it. She could see the city and roads from there. Thick trees and long ones too. It was beautiful to watch. 

Adrian continued to stare outside out of space to make it look like he was ignoring Ariana but he wasn't. He was thinking about her question and the answer to give.

Did he hate her?

He couldn't find any answer that flew up in his head. He wasn't even sure if he hated her or not. She hadn't done anything bad to him and he had no reason to hate her. But then, his attitude towards her was cold and hurtful. 

"I don't hate you, Ariana." He said answered almost like he was trying to convince himself and talking to himself at the same time. The lightened her mood a bit but she didn't show it. 

"I just can't be good to you." He said again clenching his fist. This confused Ariana even much when she thought of his reply. She decided to keep mute and hear what he has to say. But he didn't say much more than what he said. 

The two continued to look at the scenery in front of them absent-minded of where they were. Ariana was recollecting her emotions and what Adrian just told her and Adrian thought of his deepest past and the question she asked. 

Adrian turned to look at Ariana when she stood. Adrian brought his hands to massage his chin while he looked at her. Admiring her features and appearance. She was beautiful both inside and outside. He hadn't met someone so pure and forgiving before in his life. Her characteristics defined her perfectly. 

With the sound of thunder, Ariana flinched feeling the air getting cold-causing goosebumps on her smooth skin. She was not used to the cold that was around the area. She brought her hands to warm herself. 

He looked away from her and back to looking at the scene. It was going to rain and secretly, Adrian loved when it rained making him forget the past and look into the future. They were something good about hearing the sound of rains and feeling the cold winds around him.

"Come on, let's go in. It's cold." He said turning around to walk. Ariana nodded her head and followed behind to catch up with him. Something about her filling her inside. 

"Can I stay with you, in your room, please? She asked nervously. She doubted he was going to allow her but it was worth a try. 

He ignored what she said and walked back on the hallways, Ariana following behind. She guessed her question was answered when he didn't stop her from entering into the devil's chamber. 

3>

This chapter FEELS long to me. Believe it or not when I say that the two are going to make a good couple. I bet you are yet to see possessive sides from Adrian but don't worry. A lot of the cute sides are coming soon. You just have to be patient. 

This book may result in a SLOW BURN ROMANCE. Just wanted to let u know. I decided that SLOW Romance is always up to something and I find it quite intriguing. So...the romance is going to be slow and steady...yea? 

I'm thinking of ending this book at 65-70 pages. It depends on where this book flows to. 

Random question from a Fan. 

----> Do you plan your chapters before writing them or you write from your head?

Personally, I don't know how to write or plan out on a paper or something like that. I write from the head and let the book flow to where it wants.

Feel free to ask me any question you want, either in Dm or Comments along with MB. I'll reply and add it to my A/N. 

I love uuuuuu u all so much!

~Stalk me at- Ig, Pinterest and Wattpad.

Link in bio!!!