Combat Training

"I'm ho-ome!" Midoriya called out as he entered the bar. Shigaraki glared at him with no real heat, and Kurogiri ignored him. Midoriya laughed. "Alright. Down to business, I have some serious questions," he admitted. The two villains perked up.

"What's up?" Tomura said.

"Tomorrow is our first real day of hero training and we need suits and all that, which we were supposed to have designed and turned in with our quirk registration. I need to know what I'm registered as because I've already started telling people it's Regeneration, and I need to know if you guys designed a suit for me. Or maybe I designed one myself and forgot about it."

"Oh, that. Sensei has it covered," Tomura said, waving his hand dismissively. "I'm pretty sure he registered you as Regeneration since it's the only one that people can see. You don't have to worry about it."

Midoriya sighed. "Alright, I'll take your word for it. If this all falls apart because of the quirk thing, though, it's not my fault."

"Yeah, yeah. We know."

Midoriya shrugged, but he couldn't help the slight anxiety curling in his stomach. Hopefully All For One designed him a costume that actually looked like a hero's; he wasn't sure if the supervillain could do anything without his signature, ominously sophisticated style.

Regardless, it was time for more vigilante work. The news had finally given him an official name, and he was not happy about it at all. The Savior? Really? Apparently the thugs he'd beaten up so far had been involved in the human trafficking business, and now everyone thought he was some sort of dark shadow of salvation with a vendetta against trafficking.

It wasn't wrong—he did hate everything about the concept of slaves—but they weren't going to be his only targets. He would put a stop to any and all crimes that he could get away with stopping. The Eight Precepts of Death in particular would be his targets, and not only because All For One wanted him to weaken them as much as he could. Izuku still thought someone needed to be saved from them, and even Midoriya was starting to feel some sort of urgency that someone needed him, along with a rising unfounded hatred and anger with the Precepts, specifically Overhaul.

Those two factors, along with his rising frustration about not being able to find anything of note led to him dealing with the thugs that night a bit more brutally than his usual style. He heard the civilians that he'd saved whispering about the Savior, and he grimaced. At least he didn't come up with it himself; that would be irredeemably self-righteous.

He got back to the the bar late, using his Disguise quirk to turn back into Michi. He didn't pass out immediately this time, which was a good sign of progress. Maybe after a while it wouldn't be so damn exhausting.

In the morning, he started to regret spending so many nights out saving lives. He was bone-tired, but that didn't fit in with his star-hero persona so he tried his best to hide it. He nearly fell asleep in the regular classes that took up the entire morning, barely making it lunch. Lunch Rush's cooking was fantastic, which managed to wake him up just enough to get excited for hero class.

He waited in his homeroom in anticipation, chattering with his classmates about what they might be doing for their first hero class. He was getting more and more nervous that his hero outfit would just be a tuxedo. All For One was a fairly classy supervillain, but he had no creativity.

He leaned forward, deciding to try to talk to Bakugo. He hadn't been told to fuck off for a while, and it didn't feel right. "Hey. Ka—Bakugo," he said, remembering at the last minute to shove Izuku into the back of his mind. Calling him Kacchan would definitely not be good.

"Fuck off, you damn extra," he growled. Ah, there it was.

"Oh come on Bakugo, don't be like that," Michi said. "I was just wondering, do you and Mina know each other? She kind of acts like she knows you, even though you treat her basically the same as you treat everyone else."