XIII

Flaws

"If you're only here to ask for details on what happened for your entertainment, I suggest you go!" Anthony shouted, without bothering to look up

He must have heard my shoes against the ground, walking towards him. "I just hope to come by to see if you are okay."

Slowy, he raised his head looking at me. He most likely recognized my voice that his mean demeanors started to fade away. "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to—"

"No, it's fine," I interrupted, slowly closing the distance between us. "You don't have to apologize. I would've done the same if I were on your position."

He smiled, as he shook his head. "I doubt that."

I pouted my lips, and reconsidered what he had said. "Yeah, you're probably right."

He laughed. The first display of elation after his moments with furrowed eyebrows, frowned face and creased forehead. "You know, you're funny. Thank you."

I smiled at him. Without looking away from his gaze, I asked nicely, "Can I have a seat?"

I pointed to the spot beside him. The bench had enough space for more than two people but his energy occupied most of it. With his stern glares and distasteful mouth twitches, I doubt anyone wanted to take the spot beside him.

He simply nodded, scooching a little to the right to make room for me. While I walked towards the seat, I watched as he laid his back on the bench and placed both of his palms on his eyes to cover his eyes.

As I sat, he sighed loudly. "How do you know if you're messing up as a brother?"

I didn't respond. I didn't feel like I need to. It had rhetorical undertones and I knew better not to. I simply sat in silence and waited for him to continue.

"I was only trying to protect Daphne from the cruel hands of a man. But to her it came off harsher leading to that minor argument everybody has witnessed," he exclaimed, now scrunching over, palms still on his eyes.

Thoughfully, I tried to put my hands on his back to try and pat him. Try to comfort him in ways that I know of. "She'll understand."

"Oh, you don't know my sister," he immediately replied. "Daphne can be quite stubborn and has too strong of a personality. I doubt she'll understand that."

"Then try to understand her," I spoke calmly. "Know where she is coming from and why she acted the way she did."

"Which was so uncalled for," Anthony defended, now looking at me and raising his voice a little.