Ch 203: I Want It

In the end, Lin took both amulets. The black one is called "Dogmatic Field". The white one is called "Sanctuary".

'It's ok for me to get greedy to protect my life. I need any help I can get in this world. With how my life has been, I really need them.'

Liz says in a quiet voice, "You must not use my "Sanctuary", it is too weak. It will break easily."

"I'll be careful, so it doesn't break"

"Are you joking, or just stupid?" Liz says, staring at Lin Ye, "I mean, its protective effect is very poor and can't protect you."

"I think it's gonna be okay because you made it for me. I trust you to protect me", he says with a gentle smile.

Liz looks away. Lin Ye slowly takes the bag away from her and puts it in his pocket.

Lin Ye naturally put out his hand and places it on her head, "Thank you, Liz. Thank you for trying to protect me."

Liz frowns, and subconsciously wanted to step back, but her body did not respond. She just stood there and let Lin Ye rub her head, making it messy.

After a few moments, Lin Ye withdraw his hand, and then asks Liz,

"Have you eaten? "

"I ate after I came back."

Finally, Liz is finally free from Lin Ye's "Devil's Claws" and takes two steps back,

"I'm going back to work."

"Going back to work?", Lin Ye is surprised,

"I thought you're finished. What else are you working on? Do you work overtime?"

"Well, I'm doing a task report." Liz nods, and says, "When I was on the task before, my sisters, Shining and Nearl, did all the work. So, naturally, I should do the report"

Lin Ye smiled and says, "Will you able to write a task summary?"

Liz glances at Lin Ye and says, "I'm not like you," Lin Ye's smile is stiff.

It seems that talking to Lin Ye in this way made her feel happy.

Hearing him getting hurt made her feels... sad? She doesn't know, but it wasn't a pleasant feeling. Though, seeing him talking happily with her, definitely made her happier. Why?

... because it's Lin Ye.

After talking for a few more moments, she remembers something important, "The stone can store power but cannot produce power.", Nightingale says, "When the stored power has been exhausted it will be rendered useless. The dogmatic field and Sanctuary will have nothing left to fuel them and will not activate. Be mindful of the limited uses please."

While unsurprised that the stone has a limited amount of power, it's a little disappointing all the same to Lin.

To be fair this is not his power, it is a borrowed one of sorts. The item itself is more of a consumable than a permanent weapon.

"I'll remember that." Lin Ye nods and smiles, "Thank you, Liz. This gift is very important to me. It means a lot to me"

Liz glances at Lin Ye and mutters, "...It's nothing compared to what you gave me..."

"Huh?", Liz spoke too softly, Lin Ye didn't hear her, "What did you say?"

"Nothing.", Nightingale shakes her head and left Lin Ye's room.

After Liz left, Lin Ye, who was a little excited, played with the two amulets for a while, then found a rope to tie the two amulets together, and finally tied them to his belt. It was similar to the souvenirs sold in some tourist attractions in his past life, but their weight was much heavier than theirs.