Ch 205: The Night Offer

A sick girl, sleeping alone on the grass, without shelter from the wind and rain. This should be a sad thing, a terrible thing.

'This is kinda sad to look at.'

He looks down at Lappland, and she looks up at him.

After being silent for a while, Lapland says in a rather wary tone. "Hey, don't you dare take my spot? I got it first. You can go sleep at another place."

Lin Ye really can't understand her.

Lappland sits up abruptly, then shakes her head, "Ah, so annoying, a bug ran into my hair."

"... I think it might be best for you to go back to the dorms." Lin Ye says trying to persuade her.

"You're so annoying. You like to talk a lot." Lapland said, "Aren't you a doctor?"

"Well, what's the matter?"

"Those doctors are as talkative as you?"

"I'm a psychologist."

"Huh?" Lappland showed a surprised expression.

"Psychologist? They still exist?"

Lin Ye replies I'm his heart, 'Why don't they exist? are you that dumb.'

He doesn't dare say that out loud, otherwise, he might catch one of those mighty swords.

Lin Ye asks Lapland: "Why do you want to join Rhodes Island?"

"Huh? Why are you asking this kind of question?"

"Can't I?"

"It's not that you can't, but, haven't your people already asked me this before?"

"If I can remember it a person name Orchid right? I can't remember clearly, she is a woman, right."

'Remembering the name, but unable to remember the gender', Lin Ye is a little speechless towards Lappland.

The question 'why?' is very often used back in his old life. They were usually used in interviews. Like the one that Orchid has done with Lappland

Lin Ye didn't know what kind of answers Orchid got from Lappland, and he is still very interested in Lappland, so he asked.

Maybe her answers to Orchid were just lies. She is the director of recruitment, so she may have made up answers just to get in. Lin himself only met her a few moments ago, so maybe a stranger with no known importance will get a more honest answer.

"Why do I want to join...?" Lappland sits cross-legged, shaking her head.

"Isn't the answer obvious and easy to see? I always feel that people here like to ask a stupid question."

"Then what's your answer?"

Lin Ye leans forward to hear Lappland's answer.

If this question was asked in his previous life, the interviewer will most likely answer "for learning" or "in order to improve one's own abilities" and so on.

The more straightforward one would probably say for money.

However, there are very few people either honest, stupid, or blunt enough to just answer "for money". Most people may think it, but rarely will they speak it. College students new to society may be the biggest part of that category.

"Of course, it's for dinner," Lappland says as expected.

Lin Ye nods, 'I can her saying that.'