Chapter 58

Who knew road trips could be so tiring? When the boys had reached the motel Owen especially was very tired from driving all day. It was now going on three. The pit stops making the trip slightly longer.

In their motel room was two double beds so the boys had to share. Currently Owen was taking a nap on one of the beds. While Mason laid on the other one scrolling through his phone.

Cameron was busy colouring, while Noah sat in the small arm chair, bored out of his mind.

Noah left the room to grab something from the car.

"Wheres he going?" Mason asked Cameron. She just shrugged and continued to colour.

Mason decided to wait until Noah came back, well at least he hoped he would come back.

After five minutes Noah came back with a ball tucked under his arm.

"What are you doing?" Noah completely ignored Mason and turned his attention to Cameron

"Cam do you want to go out and play with the ball?" Cameron brought her attention away from her colouring to look up to Noah. A big smile on her face.

"Noah there is no where to even play with that." Mason said. Cameron got up from where she was sitting and made her way over to the motel window.

"Look Mase there is a feild." Cameron pressed her little finger up against the window glass. Mason got off the bed and moved over to the window.

"Cam that's a patch of grass."

Cameron shrugged. "Its still something."

"Ah come on Mason. We are on our holidays and at least we will be enjoying the sun then sitting in here while Owen sleeps. We do this at home. This is suppost to be a holiday." Noah wanted to go out and enjoy the sun and not die of boredom.

Mason thought about it for second. If both him and Noah went out they could keep an eye on Cameron. "Yeah your right let's go out and enjoy the sunshine."

"YAY!" Cameron cheered but was immediately shushed by Mason and Noah. They all looked over to Owen's sleeping body. He just turned over to the other side.

"Before you go out I want to put some suncream on you." Mason said just as he seen Noah reach for the door handle. Cameron egarly waiting for him to open the door.

"Sunscreen is yucky." Cameron stuck her tounge out in disgust, making a little 'bleh' noise. She will never forget the time her Mam was putting sunscreen on her face and it got all in her mouth. They lied about it tasting like banana.

"Well if you don't put it on there will be no seeing the outdoors." Mason crossed his arms over his chest. Cameron's eyes widened.

"B-But I need sun to live." Cameron threw her arms up dramatically. Noah bit his bottom lip trying not to laugh at Cameron.

Mason raised his eyebrow. "Well then I guess your going to shrivel up like a plant." He sat back down on the bed letting out a long sigh.

Cameron became panicked. She didn't want to end up like a shrivelled up plant. "I'll put it on."

Cameron went over to Mason tugging him by the hand so he would stand up. Mason was proud of himself. He shot a smug smile at Noah. Who just rolled his eyes in response.