Somnath's Marriage

25 Days Later.

Somnath's marriage Day, All the rituals  i.e. Aashirbaad, Ai Budo Bhaat, Gae Holud Tattva, Dodhi Mongol, Holud Kota and Snan were done. Bor Jatri entered at Mrinalini's home and Somnath's family was welcomed and Bor Boron was done. 

Somnath was sitting at the altar and Mrinalini's father came and gave him a pair of new dhoti and kurta and ceremony of Potto Bastra was completed. At this very moment Mrinalini became Somnath's responsibility .

Everyone waiting for Mrinalini to enter . Her cousin brothers carried her ,she had covered her face with Paan ka patta (betel leaves). His brothers took seven circles around Somnath and then made her sit beside Somnath. This is how Saat Paak was completed.

Mrinalini removes the Paan with which she covered her face . Somnath and Mrinalini looked at each other, Shubho Drishti was completed. Somnath was mesmerized and got lost  in the beauty of his to be wife, so did Mrinalini. They both continued to look at each other for a little longer than normal.

Bon- Som Dada ab poore jeevan isi chehre ko dekhna hai.. abhi hi poore jeevan ka quota poora kr rhe ho?

Batuk- Areey Boudi dekhne do baad pata nhi iss chehre me interest rhe na rhe.

Bon- Chup! itne chaand se chehre par se dilchaspi itni aasaani nhi uthegi.

Bondita and everyone laughed. Mrinalini and Somnath blushed.

Shubho Drishti was then followed by Mala badal(exchange of garland)

Post Mala Badal, Mrinalini's father  handed Mrinalini over to the Somnath during Sampradan. They  tied both the Mrinalini's and Somnath's hands using a sacred thread while the priest recited Vedic chants. Then the couple  placed their hands on the Mangal Ghot. ( a brass pitcher with water and it will be covered with mango leaves attached to a twig and a green coconut will be kept on top of it.)

The couple then sat in front of sacred fire and recited special chants after the priest. Somnath and Mrinalini took seven pheras around the fire giving seven oaths to each other.Then Mrinalini's cousin  brother put puffed rice that is 'khoi' in the hands of Mrinalini and Somnath stood close to her. Following which he  held her hands from the back and they together pour the puffed rice into the fire , and thus offered Anjali.

Ani(whispering to Bondita)- Aaj bohot sundar dikh rhi ho

Bon(whispering to Anirudh)- Pata hai mujhe par Thank You.

Anirudh was staring at Bondita. He suddenly started throwing the flowers on Bondita. Bondita started doing the same . After sometime.

Bon(whispering)- Pati Babu aapki umar kya hogi?

Ani- Kyu??

Bon- 29. Ab aap hi batao 29 varsh ke aadmi ko ese bacho jesi harkat koi krte hue dekhega to kya bolega.

Ani- Tumhe kabse fark padne laga ki log kya bolenge?

Both looked at each other and smiled.

Trilochan watching them like this and being very happy that both his Sons have found their love and will lead a happy life ahead . He prays to Durga Ma.

Trilochan- Hey Dugga Ma humare dono beto ki shaadi shuda jeevan ko kisi ki nazar na lag jaaye..inko humesha khush rkhna.

Then the couple sat on their respective places in Chadnatolla and Somnath did Sindoor daan to Mrinalini( applies sindoor on the bride's head where the hair parts.) Then, Mrinalini covered her head with a new Saree offered by Somnath as a veil.

After all the Marriage ceremony It was time for Mrinalini's Bidaai(farewell). She was crying and throwing the fistful of rice backwards without turning around. She was crying hard as she was leaving her parents forever, Bondita's eyes were Moist too as she remembered her mother. 

Ani- Areey tum kyu ro rhi ho?

Bon- Kaha ro rhi hun?(hiding her tears)

Ani- Mujhse nhi chupa skti tum Mishti.

Bon- Areey kuch nhi hua sachi.. bas Ma ki thodi yaad aa gyi... Kitni ajeeb baat haina Pati Babu poori zindagi jisne hume paalaa posa bada kiya pyaar diya ek din hume unhi ko chhod ke jaana padta hai, ek pal me unse saare rishte todne padte hain Wo bhi ek ese insaan ke liye jisko hum jaante hi nhi...Ajeeb hai Jeevan ka khel Pati Babu.

Ani- Haa Mishti par Mrinalini to Som ko jaanti bhi hain aur uske saath khush bhi hai.... itne khushi ke mauke pe itni gehri mt kro.... apna mood thik krlo. aansu pocho 

Bon-Ha Pati Babu aap sahi ho.

Bondita wiping off her tears.

 Anirudh drove back Bondita,Batuk, Binoy and Trilochan in car to Tulsipur. Somnath and Mrinalini came in different motor car.

Everyone reached Tulsipur.  Bondita ,Anirudh, Binoy ,Trilochan and Batuk reached a little early to prepare for Bou Baran of Mrinalini.

Sampoorna performed Bou Baran ceremony of Mrinalini. It was Kaal ratri so Som and Mrinalini slept in separate rooms.

The next day, Mrinalini cooked Aaloo Posto, Ghugni, Mochar chop , Begun Bhaja and Luchi  for Somnath and everyone. She also cooked Sondesh and Mishti Doi as sweet dish after the lunch . She impressed everyone in bou- bhaat. Somnath handed over a saree and a plate of food to his wife, pledging to take care of her throughout his life. This Bengali wedding ceremony is called bhaat kapor.

It was Night of Phool Shojja(first wedding night) for Mrinalini and Somnath.