[76]

The girl walked with small steps, hands tightly gripping onto each other in front of her body

The girl walked with small steps, hands tightly gripping onto each other in front of her body. She felt uneasy, out of place, as she stared down at the dull concrete floor. Everything around her was gray, ghostly and menacing, and she absolutely hated the cold breeze coming from god knows where.

The officer in front of her came to a sudden halt, forcing her to stop too so she doesn't bump into him.

"We're here. Visitors are only allowed up to 10 minutes to speak with inmates." The man's voice was strict, cold and full of apathy. By the way he looked at her, Soomin could tell that he didn't expect someone of her wealth to visit anyone at the prison.

For a second, she wondered whether she should turn back and avoid getting caught. 

But she quickly shook the thought off, feeling disgusted at herself for even imagining such a thing.

With an ushered nod being the only response he received, the officer opened the hard and heavy metal door and signaled for her to come in.

Just upon stepping room into the monotonous, washed out room, Soomin's eyes began flooding with tears that were soon rolling down her cheeks. Choked out sobs escaped her lips and she tried to cover them up with her hand, but to no avail.

It was the emotions. Her mind went completely blank- leaving space for her dry heart to weep and break down. All the guilt, grief, sadness... it was all hitting her at once and Soomin could barely do anything other than cry. It broke her so badly that she couldn't face him, didn't have the courage too. She was too embarrassed, too blamable.

"Soomin..." The voice was soft, shaky and even more tear inducing.

Hearing the door behind her shutting, the girl slowly began stumbling towards the dark blue chair, sitting right in front of the glass. She didn't dare look up, silently shedding more and more tears as she was clouded by her own deep regret.

"Noooo, please don't cry Soomin. I'm okay!" The voice became more desperate, but she could tell he was on the verge of tears as well.

The girl looked up, only to find his face right in front of hers. It was so close, yet so far, blocked off from her by the dirty, thick glass wall. 

"Jisung... I'm so so so sorry Jisung." Was all Soomin could choke out, completely breaking down. "You're too young to be in here, it's all my fault, I'm so so so so sorry-"

"Don't be! Please, don't apologize anymore. You didn't do anything wrong." Jisung reached out in a panic, but his hand only managed to reach the cold glass surface.

It took Soomin quite a long time to calm down, and when she did, they could finally start a conversation.

"How's everything in there? Do you have a comfortable bed? Do they feed you well?" She began bombarding him with questions.

"Everything's okay, the bed is kind of stiff but it isn't bad." Jisung sent her a light hearted smile. "But did you chose to visit me? You should've asked for Donghyuck! He's been missing you so much."