The Good in Good Bye

Amy's POV

I've been living with Alex and Taylor for a week or so now, and it's helping me move on from Ross. Speaking of Ross, he's been calling me non stop ever since I left. But after about 4 days of me letting every call go to voicemail, resulting in about 300 of them, he's finally stopped. A part of me is relieved that he did, but a part of me wishes he would have continued, made me feel like he actually missed me, instead of giving up.

Right now, I'm home alone. They both went out for shopping and decided to take Romeo with them to let him get some fresh air. I've been relaxing and watching films, having some time to myself. I got up and went to the kitchen to get more popcorn, when I heard the doorbell ring. I sighed, and went to open it, to see a red-eyed Ross.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, shocked, and feeling tears start to pick my eyes.

"Amy, I need to talk to you, I need you to take me back."

I opened the door a bit wider, let him through, without saying anything to him. He sat down on the sofa next to me, and ran his hand through his hair, which looked like it hadn't been brushed in days.

"Please, just listen to me, okay?"

I nodded silently, not really knowing why I was, but not being able to tell him to leave me alone.

"Amy, I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry. It's true what they say, you don't know what you've got until it's gone. And I didn't realise how special you actually were until you left me. My life's been a mess without you, it's like I don't know what to do anymore."

I spoke up then, not being able to take anymore. "How about Laura?"

"I don't want Laura, I want you!" he cried. "I see what I've done to you, how I've treated you, and I hate myself for it!"

"Ross, if you really cared that much, you would have stopped the first time! But no, after I forgave you for getting a lap dance, you decide to go out and cheat with Laura!"

"So what, I can't even do my job anymore?" he asked, getting visibly pissed.

"That's not what I meant, and you know it. I have absolutely no problem with you kissing Laura, as long as you don't do it behind my back!"

"Have you ever thought about why I didn't want to tell you?" he shouted.

"Of course! You didn't want to tell me that you guys were secretly hooking up!"

"No! Have you ever thought that maybe it's because I had a hard enough time trying to get you to forgive me after Natalia, that I didn't want to tell you in case it drove you away from me again?"

I thought for a moment."I did think that, until the point where you guys were doing things that weren't for Austin and Ally."

"That's not true! I wasn't hooking up with her!"

"Oh, so now you're lying to me? You know, you really haven't changed over. You always tell me you will, but you're still the same guy, the one that used to treat me like shit everyday until I would go home and cut because that was the only way I knew how to deal with the pain," I screamed. As I said that, his face softened, the anger that was previously there slipping away. Neither of us spoke after I said that, making me feel I had gone too far.

"Amy, I'm sorry," he said quietly. "I've obviously never been enough for you, or good enough, and I realise that now. I'm sorry for hurting you, even when we weren't dating, I'm sorry for cheating on you multiple times, and I'm sorry for almost hitting you. But most of all, I'm sorry I couldn't be what you wanted."

By this point he was crying, and so was I.

"Don't do this! Don't make it out like it's my fault we're not together anymore! You cheated on me. Not the other way around. So why are you trying to guilt trip me into dating you again?"

He shook his head. "Amy, you've got it wrong. I just wanted to say sorry for not being as good of a boyfriend as you could have had. You deserve so much better than me."

I wanted to run into his arms and tell him that if anything, I didn't deserve him because of how amazing he was, but I couldn't. I had to try and live life without depending on him, because as soon as I did that, he would hurt me again. "Ross, I'm sorry, I can't take this. I can't stand just being here in front of you, when I still love you, but you don't love me. Please go? I can't take this anymore.

He nodded, smiling sadly. "Just, let me do one more thing?" he asked. He came up to me and kissed me softly on my lips, the kiss still lingering when he moved away. He looked at me one last time, before giving me another soft smile, and walking out the door, and possibly my life as well, forever. I stared after him, before breaking down and crying, realising that I had lost the one person that meant more to me than life itself.

  ________________________________________________________________
I want to give a huge thank you to Devi aka @D290101 for writing the last two chapters for me. I appreciate it! Go ahead and follow her :)   I might update again today

 Also, as to this date (15/02/15) this is #710 in Romance :)

Happy Late Valentines Day

Also, what are you thoughts on Lets Not Be Alone Tonight... I bloody love it!!!!!!!