one-shot #25

Prompt: Hermione gets jealous so you make it up to her during a quidditch match. (sorry if you're not in gryffindor but it has to be this way to work)

You sat in the Great Hall with Fred, George, and Ginny Weasley, your best friends. You had always been close with the Weasley family, as they pretty much raised you after your parents were locked in Azkaban for being Death Eaters.

Ginny had always been a younger sister to you—Fred and George like older brothers. No matter how many times she was told that, your girlfriend would always get jealous.

You and Ginny laughed at the twins jokes, clutching your stomachs from laughing so hard.

Although Ginny knew you were dating Hermione, she couldn't help the butterflies she got when you laughed.

From the entrance of the Hall, Hermione stood watching yours and Ginny's interaction. She noticed the blush spread across Ginny's face and the way Ginny looked at you.

A familiar feeling pooled in her stomach as she watched Ginny inch closer and closer to you as she laughed.

Hermione huffed and stormed out of the Great Hall— unaware that you were watching her with a small frown the entire time.

A day or two had passed since you were with the Weasley's. Hermione was being slightly distant with you, but you had a plan to cheer her up.

Today was the last quidditch game of the season, Gryffindor versus Slytherin. You knew that you had a large chance of winning and you were going to take advantage of that.

"You guys know the plan?" You looked at the Gryffindor team all gathered in the locker room with you.

They gave a few 'yes's and nods, bringing a smile to your face. Everyone lined up on the pitch in their positions, waiting for the game to start.

"[Y/L/N] has caught the snitch for Gryffindor! Gryffindor wins!"

The stands erupted with cheers as you held the Golden Snitch in the air. You looked around, a bright smile on your face. You met Hermione's eyes in the stands, noticing she wore a small smile.

Although she was still a bit upset, she couldn't hold back her emotions. You knew she was proud of you, and it made your heart flutter.

You looked at Harry, giving him a thumbs up. He sent one back and huddled with the team. They flew off the pitch and grabbed a few posters, quickly making their way back.

They positioned themselves in front of the stands, making sure they were in line.

You flew above the stands, looking at the sign with a beaming smile. You quickly flew down in front of Hermione, the smile still prominent on your face.

"Hermione Granger, i've seen the way you get when I talk to other girls. I know it makes you upset, but something else I also know is that I wouldn't choose anyone else but you. I love you, Mione. So much." You leaned forward on your broom, placing a kiss on her forehead.

Tears brimmed in her eyes, but a smile plastered itself on her lips. She shook her head, a breathy laugh leaving her lips. "I love you, Y/N." She grabbed the collar of your quidditch uniform and pressed your lips together.

The Gryffindor team clapped, soon being joined by everyone in the stands. You turned around to face the team and the signs they held.

'I love you'

You read the signs again, giving your teammates an appreciative smile. You turned back to Hermione, bringing her in for another kiss.