03.

Midterms were over with and Homecoming week was now here and in full effect

        Midterms were over with and Homecoming week was now here and in full effect. Social media was raving about the festivities that were happening this year from the game to the concert and after parties. Asha managed to get three A's and a B on her mid-terms and to celebrate, she was going to have the time of her life at tonight's party. It was Friday which meant there would be more than one party going on, but Jema and Bradley decided to throw one at the house. It was the perfect set up for Asha to get shit faced drunk and crash where ever she pleased. She lived there.

Victoria and Asha were at the house setting up bowls of various chips, setting out all the 2-liter bottles of soda and the two large aluminum pans of regular and bbq wings. It was going on ten o'clock so the party was starting soon and the girls were nowhere near ready. They'd been proofing the house to keep dumbasses from tearing it up and sticky fingers from stealing valuables. While they did all the work, Jema and Brad were on their way back from the Bulls parade. It ended long ago but Brad needed to shower and also pick up more alcohol.

"I think this is good enough. Whatever else needs to be done Brad can do it. It's his party anyway." Asha finished dumping the last bag of ice in the cooler. "I need to start getting ready."

"You're right." Victoria stopped and closed the dishwasher back. She was just about to start putting the dishes away. "Are you hoping a certain someone shows up tonight?"

"To be honest? If he does then he does. If he doesn't then oh well. I haven't seen him since that day the Dorian guy came up to me but he followed me on twitter."

"Did you follow him back?"

"Why wouldn't I?" Asha looked at her weird.

"Because you're Asha and you do shit like that sometimes. But he just might show up because I invited Zeek."

"The crazy thing is, I don't even know what to say to him. Like I don't want a relationship but I don't know how to make friends. I still don't know how I ended up with you and Je."

Asha still planned to be single until she was a college graduate but something about Sanchez peaked her curiosity. She wasn't sure what it was that made her want to know all of his business. She wanted to know what he was all about and knowing the way things went in the past, she wasn't too sure about pursuing a friendship with him. In her mind it seemed harmless but she knew how her emotions were set up. She was overthinking the entire thing and hoped she had the proper restraint to keep herself on her path. But who was she to even assume he wanted her because he knew her name and called her gorgeous? Her thoughts felt like a maze.

"Just be you. Talk and ask questions like you do but don't go all detective on him because you tend to act like you're in the middle of an interview. And who wouldn't want to be your friend? Look at you. Plus the liquid courage will make it all so much easier."

"You're right." Asha nodded her head and mentally pumped herself up for tonight. A guy had never made her as nervous as Sanchez, and he hadn't even said anything to her since the night at the library.