Chapter Eleven

<><><><><><><>

Dedication: YouHadMeAt_Believe for the amazing cover on the side. Thank you so much. :)

Song: You Are So Beautiful by Escape The Fate, which was suggested by Ilinangie, thanks!

<><><><><><><>

So far, my time at Colin's house had been surprisingly good. I got along really well with his mother Miranda and exceptionally well with Clarissa, his younger sister. Even Colin was relaxed and calm, expressing a side of him that I hadn't known existed.

Miranda was currently on the phone, when she rounded the kitchen island and pressed the phone into her shoulder. "Hayley, sweetie?"

I paused playing with Clarissa and looked up, meeting her eyes, not answering her verbally. She gave me a soft smile.

"Do you like pizza?"

"Yeah." I said, hoping my voice didn't come out too blunt. Even if I was enjoying myself, sometimes it was still hard to be polite. When I looked at adults, disrespect spread and filtered through my veins like poison.

"Who doesn't?" Colin asked rhetorically, rolling his eyes.

The corners of my mouth twitched slightly, but I didn't reply. I continued to play dolls with Clarissa, or rather sit there, cross legged, slightly twitching the doll every now and then. We'd just put on a movie and settled on the lounge, when I heard the front door open and close. My ears perked up and stomach growled. I was dearly hoping it was the Pizza Delivery guy, because I was famished.

"Mum!" I heard a voice call out. "Is Colin home?"

"In here, honey," she replied back.

Loud footsteps could be heard ascending down the hallway and soon, a pink-faced young boy rounded the corner and skidded to a breathless halt. His pupils were slightly dilated as his eyes rested on whom I'm guessing is his older brother.

"Sup, Matt." Colin casually replied.

As if those mere words triggered something inside his body, Matt propelled himself forward with a surge of speed. He flew onto the couch, his arms wrapped around Colin's neck, constricting him. I heard him let out a laugh.

"I've missed you!"

"I've missed you too," he laughed, prying himself away from the boy.

I couldn't help bit smile slightly as the scene unfolded in front of me. The boy soon froze, his blue eyes revolving around and landing on me. I stared back at him blankly, awaiting some sort of response. Colin shifted him on his lap and inched his face close to his.

"This is Hayley." he explained.

"Hi Hayley," he grinned.

"Hi."

"Is she your girlfriend?" Matt asked, never taking his eyes from me.

"No."

"Friend?"

"No."

I narrowed my eyes at him and he smirked at me playfully. I rolled my eyes and looked away, back to Clarissa, who was still fondling with her new dolls. Suddenly, new footsteps could be heard and my nostrils were filled with the pleasant smell of deliciousness.

"Hey honey," a man said, his voice deep and throaty. "Met the Delivery guy on the doorstep."

"Oh good," she smiled.