Chapter 5-Love Hurts

I grabbed an ice pack and wrapped it in a cloth, sitting down in a chair and holding it out to Bill.

    He had gotten into another fight with Percy later this day when he had the audacity to call me a Mudblood again.

Bill took the pack from my hand and held it up to his eye.

"Bill, I appreciate this, I really do. But I don't like seeing you hurt." I said.

Molly came into the kitchen and set two cups of green tea on the table, looking at us. "Drink your tea. Get better, Bill."

    "Thanks, Mrs. Weasley." I smiled at her.

She smiled at us and nodded, heading into the living room where her husband was, looking through the latest edition of the Quibbler.

I smiled at the two adults. "I wish I could have that."

"What do you mean? You can," Bill said, setting the ice pack down on the table.

"No, Bill, I can't. My blood status is always going to be a factor of who wants to be with me." I said.

"Dani, that's only a part of you. When you find the right person, he will love you with all his heart. Blood status doesn't matter when you're in love." He said.

I turned to him and smiled. "Sounds like Bill is in love. Who is she?"

He chuckled and shook his head. "Doesn't matter. She'll never feel the same about me."

". . . It's Fleur, isn't it?" I guessed.

"Maybe,"

You know that saying: "my heart dropped into my stomach"? Well, that saying should be demolished because what I felt was so much worse than that.

"Oh. Okay, cool." I said, forcing a smile. "I'm happy for you, Bill."

He looked confused for a second, but shrugged it off. "Yeah. T-thanks."

"Uh, keep ice on that eye. It'll heal soon." I said, finishing up my tea and getting up.

"Hey"—he gently grasped my hand and I looked back at him as he stood—"is everything okay? You've never just shut me out like that."

"Bill. If anything is wrong, I will tell you. Okay?" I said, taking my hand back.

He looked into my dark eyes and shook his head. "No, you won't. Dani, I've known you all my life. You won't tell me what is bothering you because you feel like it is your burden to carry."

I sighed and closed my eyes, shaking my head slightly. "Bill, stop. I-I don't want to talk about it now."

He hesitantly nodded and stepped back. "Okay. If that's what you want, Dani. I'll stop."

"Bill, I-I didn't mean it like that—"

"Then what did you mean it like?" he asked, dragging a hand over his chin.

I scoffed and shook my head. "I just can't. I can't hear you talking about her."

"Who?" Bill asked.

". . . Fluer. I want to punch you whenever you talk about her." I said.

"Well, you were the one who brought her up. Not me." Bill said, following me outside into the pink evening sky.

"Okay, I get it. Just stop!" I said, turning to him.

"Why don't you like her? I thought you did." Bill said, taking my hand and holding me there.