three

Jungwon unlocked the art room door and walked out, Seoyoon skipping behind him to catch up. "Where are you going?" She asked.

"Back." Jungwon responded.

"Where's back?" The girl questioned, falling into step with the boy. "You ask so many questions, we became acquaintances like what, a minute ago?" He grumbled.

"Well EXCUSE ME for wanting to take an interest in you. What type of friend would I be?" The girl scoffed.

+

Misa looked at the two from behind the corner, eyes the same emotionless void with no sense of life.

"They are together." She said, autonomously. A Fukai in human form smirked, looking down at his feet as he laughed. "Ah, father's going to love this." He said to himself, caressing Misa's hair. 

He hummed. "Really, I knew Jungwon was stupid. He's only a little baby anyway. So naive."

Seoyoon parted ways with the boy, waving goodbye and smiling softly as she skipped back to her class, eyes watching her every movement.

"Hm, she's cute." The Fukai said, drumming his fingers.

He had the perfect plan to overthrow Jungwon. Ah, how he hated the boy.

He snickered quietly, deep chuckles occasionally taking over.

"Really?" A voice deadpanned behind him.

The Fukai yelped and turned around to be met face to face with Jungwon, eyebrows raised as he popped his lips.

"Have you forgotten I have superhearing too?"

"Well, I just thought since you're a stupid little half-human, this would be the one ability you were spared of." The Fukai said, sneered

Jungwon yawned. "What do you want?"

"You gone." The Fukai spat. "And how will you do that, Lijin?"

"It's easy. Your little friend's going to help me. Humans, I swear. Always have the biggest hearts. Couldn't you have just let the girl go?"

Jungwon stared at him unamused. "You're not going to touch her."

"Oh, but I will." He snapped, vanishing into thin air, his words echoing.

The boy exhaled, irked.

This is not what he was planning. Him having to protect a human girl from demon guilds targeting her was not his ideal afternoon. 

He looked over at Misa who stared at him blankly, still under the influence of Fukai possession. He grumbled, walking past her to try to get to Seoyoon's classroom.

"You will not escape alive." The robotic voice said behind him.

"Fuck off."

+

Jungwon peeked into the window, looking from the corner so nobody notices him. He saw Lijin at the front of the classroom, introducing himself and grinning widely as the girls swooned. 

Darn Fukais for looking so attractive as humans.

Jungwon picked up traces of him explaining he was a foreign student from Shanghai, asking the others to treat him well. 

The boy rolled his eyes. 

He saw him peer at Seoyoon's deskmate as he walked over, kindly asking her if he could have her spot. 

The deskmate was hesitant, liking her spot at the front and next to a much-better Seoyoon. Jungwon silently threw praises at the girl.

Lijin scowled when she refused, ultimately flirting with the girl behind Seoyoon's desk and claiming her spot.