Chapter 34: Mend the Relationship

Cole's POV

"Oh! Wow!", Luna says with wide eyes.

Oh, Shit!!

I think in an attempt to make a fake toast speech. I accidentally said some real words to Luna.

"Pizza looks nice", I know she said this, to change the topic.

"It's not Pizza, it's pasta, and you only made it", comes out from my mouth.

"Yeah I know that", she says and sits on the chair.

I sit on the chair opposite to her, because of my fake toast speech, which was actually my real feelings about Luna, has made the awkward silence in our small dining room.

We ate our pasta in awkward silence. I was taking glance of Luna, every now then, and she was doing the same. Luna's cellphone rings and breaks the silence in the room.

She picks up the phone at the first ring,"Hello, Mom",

Mom? Oh, No!! Now there will a war on the phone.

"Yeah, I would be delighted, to have lunch with you", she tells while smiling, and proves my theory of war wrong,"Ok Bye Mom, I will do the preparation, for the Lunch", she hangs  up the phone. And I look at her with wide eyes.

"Why are you looking at me, like that?", She asks.

"In what way?",

"In shock?",

Anyone would be shocked to see Luna talking to her mother smiling.

"You were talking to your mother, with a smile",

"Yeah! Because I have decided to mend my relationship with my mother",

"Really?", I ask her in surprise.

"Yes! I have decided to give the Romeo Juliet painting, which you returned, to Mom as an Olive branch", the excitement is clear in her voice.

"You know I am proud of you, for taking this step", I tell her, and I mean it.

........................................................................

Luna's POV

"Miss Luna, thank you so much for taking care of Nina", Grace tells me, as she sets the dinning table, as I instructed.

"It's fine Grace, Nina is a really smart girl, and she reminds me, of my childhood", I remember I was just like Nina, innocent playing with my dolls, but as time passed I lost my childhood, and when Dad died, I lost my innocence.

"She is also fond of you, she thinks, you are her ideal",

"Really?",

"Yes", she smiles, and turns towards me,"by the way, Miss Luna, I am really glad, you are trying to mend your relationship with your mother",

"Me too, Grace", I tell her. 

"Miss Luna, Mrs. Brown has come", one servant comes, and informs.

"Ok go and bring the Romeo and Juliet painting", I order him, and he goes.

I turn towards Grace,"Grace table looks perfect, go and bring Mom's favorite wine",

"Okay, Miss Luna", she says and goes, living me alone in our massive dinning room.

"Luna", Mom enters the dinning room.

"Mom", I look at her not knowing what to do?, Mom and I haven't, been closed since Dad died, and we never spend alone time together. So I really don't know what to do?. I think normal mother daughter would hug each other. So I go and hug her.

"Oh", I think my hug, has left my Mom off guard. So I immediately pull away from her.

"How was the flight?", I ask her.

"It was..... A good", she says nervously.

Why she is nervous?. I am also nervous, about this all mending relationship thing, but Mom look insanely nervous.

"Let's have food, shall we?",

"Yeah", she says, passing through me, she sits on the chair. And I sit beside her.

She puts her hands on the table, then on her lap, and then again on the table,"Luna I want to tell you something?",

"Okay, I am listening", I smile, to ease her nervousness.

"Luna", she sighs.

"Mom, you can tell me, what ever it is?", I tell her, and place my hand on her left hand. And to my surprise I see a diamond ring, in her ring finger, which I didn't notice earlier.

"Luna, Robert proposed me, and I said yes", she tells me.

Author's Note
I hope you all liked today's chapter. Stay tuned for next chapter, till next Wednesday. And don't forget to vote and comment.
With Lots of Love XX