53

STEP AGAINST UMBRIDGE

_____________

Time kept going by and the twins, Harry and I got to see the first match without us in the Quidditch teams and I found myself surprised at how an incredibly good player Ginny was and how much I wanted to slap that Goyle and take the broom to play the match by myself. Bloody hell, Umbridge, why did you have to take my favourite thing in the world from me the last year I could enjoy it at school?

Also, thanks to the Lovegood family, we got the opportunity to make a movement against that bitch. Xenophillus Lovegood dared to give Harry a complete interview without the Ministry's censorship and that drove everyone crazy. During the first week of March, everyone kept going around with their copy of the Quibbler, reading everything Harry had to say.

The movement got its effect on the Inquisitor since the first thing she did after reading the whole article, was create a new decree that forbade every student to own a copy of the magazine. Luckily for us, we managed to keep them hidden and Harry's words were secretly known by everybody - as well as Liv and Luna being treated incredibly well by everyone, thanks to their father's bravery. Very few people trusted the Quibbler before because of its eccentricity but that was precisely what made it a free and safe place out of the Ministry's eye to tell everything they didn't let us say out loud.

Even the professors managed to own their copy and show their support to Harry and I heard the twins made a spell to make the cover of the Quibbler huge and hung it in the Gryffindor common room while Harry's picture in it shouted against the Ministry. All of this, obviously, made Umbridge act even more bitchy than before, guided by rage. If it was possible for that woman to be more bitchy.

"Happy birthday, Liv!" I chanted happily, taking my copy of the magazine back into my bag and taking out the gift I got her. I ran to the Hufflepuff table where everyone was singing Happy birthday to my best friend as Luna approached with a homemade cake she did for her sister.

"Thank you, sister!" Liv stood up to hug me and I covered her face in little kisses, making her snicker.

I handed her the first gift, watching how her eyes opened widely and were full of emotion.

"Lilith! Is this what I think it is?!" she said taken her hand to her mouth as soon as she saw the tickets. I bought her a reservation in one of the most famous hotels in Paris to enjoy a night there with Pauline. "Oh, Merlin, this is amazing! Thank you so much!"

"Wait, I'm not done!" I took out of my pocket a little box that she opened carefully. When Liv saw the gold necklace with a little hound, her Patronus, in it, she almost cried.

"It's so beautiful!" her voice trembled and she went back to hug me.

"That's not even half of what you deserve, Liv. I'd give you the world if I could."

The Hufflepuffs made Luna and me a little space at their table - discreetly, so Umbridge wouldn't see us - and we ate the cake Luna made and stayed there for a little while, hanging out with Liv and making sure this birthday was as good as possible. She got even more excited when Pauline's letter and her dad's one arrived along with some beautiful gifts that she treasured and appreciated.

Three days later was Remus's birthday as well, so the first thing I did as I woke up was packing the gifts I got for him and go to the owlery to send him a letter; I wished him the best of birthdays and thanked him for everything he had done for me. Tying the paper to Iris's little leg, I also put the two David Bowie vinyl records I got him as well as a mug that had 'Best teacher in the world ' written and a sweater I knitted myself with Liv's help in a tiny bag that had a Capacious Extremis spell to let little Iris carry it.