22| Mismatched

Chapter 22: Mismatched (Caden's POV)

"Bye," she said, trying to push my arms off of her. 

We're currently in the girl's bathroom. It's the only empty place right now. The last period just ended and everyone's on their way home. 

But I'm trying to get a minute alone with her before I bid her goodbye. If I can figure out a way to come see her tonight, then great, otherwise I'm going to have to go one more night without seeing Venus Jade Princeton. Who has me wrapped around her finger and she doesn't even know it. 

"Let go," she chuckled. 

"So soon?" I asked, tightening my grip around her waist. 

"I have to head home. If I'm late they'll get suspicious. And my grandparents will be arriving soon too. So I should really get going," she nodded. 

I shook my head no. 

"Yes," she laughed, nodding again. 

"No," I sang, shaking my head. 

"Do you have my number?" She frowned in confusion. 

"To the phone in your room?" 

She nodded in response. 

"No, I don't." 

She pulled open her bag and took out a pen and a sticky note. She scribbled down the number and stuck the note onto my shirt. "There, call me before you leave your palace. I'll-" 

"Get ready?" I smirked. 

She laughed sarcastically, "I'll mentally prepare myself." She patted my cheek. "Bye." She turned to leave and I grabbed her wrist, pulling her back. She sighed, raising her brows at me. I leaned down and kissed her but I kept it short. I can't hold her back, she'll be late. "Bye," she said before pecking my lips. 

I blinked in surprise and she laughed before walking out. I leaned against the wall, tracing my bottom lip with my thumb. Then I snapped out of it. 

Why does she always leave me dreaming in a girls' bathroom? 

➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵

I was sitting in bed and had been for a while, trying to decide if I should just take the risk and go see her even with her grandparents.

 We'll lock her door, if someone interrupts, I'll hide somewhere. It can't be that bad. I should have a lie though. For backup at least. 

What goddamn backup? Nothing can excuse Venus and me meeting each other. Absolutely nothing. I have to take the risk, it's worth it. 

I grabbed my phone and then dialed the number she stuck to me earlier. 

"Hello," she sang. 

"Hello," I cleared my throat. 

"Hey," she said. 

"Who is it?" I heard someone asked in the background. It sounded like a woman so it must have been her grandmother. 

"It's Remy," she lied. "What's up?" she asked. 

"Can I drop by at midnight? Will you be free by then?" I asked. 

"Yeah, that's perfect," she chuckled. 

"Okay, see you then. Bye." 

"Bye." I put the phone down and then grabbed my laptop, deciding to watch Netflix until then. 

The episodes of Suits that I was watching ended exactly at midnight, so I closed my laptop and tiptoed downstairs and left the palace, sneaking out as I do now. I made my way to her house and climbed up to her window, knocking on it softly.