Digging

⚠️ Disclaimer:⚠️ This story has been written by me and has not been copied plagiarized or stolen from any other story or author. Any similarities are purely coincidental and all ideas seen are original originating from my mind.

Dimitri
Hearing of all the things that Marcus did to Artemis, how he made her suffer, the pain she had to endure, hearing it, made my blood boil. I wanted to kill him. No, scratch that, I wanted to murder him! And I knew Roman was feeling the same way. After she slumped down on the ground, Bria and Lana spent at least ten minutes speaking gently to her in Italian, to persuade her to do something I presumed.

Then when she had finally gotten up off the ground, Alessandro, Vincent and I were escorted out of the kitchen while the women talked. We went into my home office and gathered around the table. I called my friend and told him I had to take a raincheck, deliberately not stating why. I had enough to deal with as is.
Once we were comfortably seated in my office, with the door closed, I opened my laptop and starting typing.

"What are you doing?" Vincent wanted to know.
"I'm searching up Marcus Spencer. I need information and I need it now," I tried still typing.
"But what is there to know about him? Marcus Spencer, 37, Alpha of Shining Cosmos Pack since the age of 17. His parents Velma and Thomas Spencer died when he was 16, he firms alliances with weak packs, takes advantage of she wolves and is a sadist who inflicts pain on others for pleasure. What else is there to know?" Alessandro asked.

"You learn something new every day. He's a famous, well known, prominent Romanian civilian. There's got to be something I can find out," I said.
"Yeah that's true," Vincent mused. "Are you searching up Artemis too?"
Hearing this I stopped typing and linked pointedly at Vincent.
"Is there a particular reason why I'd search up my mate?"

"We know nothing of her former life before she met Marcus, nor do we have any background information. Don't you think you should search her up so you'll know what mess you're dragging yourself into?" Alessandro asked.
"Are you seriously asking me this?" I asked in a low angry voice. "Artemis is my mate. I'm not searching her up like she's some criminal. If there's something I want to know about her, I'll ask her. If she doesn't want to tell me, I'll wait until she is. In not rushing her."

Alessandro and Vincent heard this and smiled.
"That's just what we wanted to hear," Vincent said proudly.
"What do you mean?" I asked confusedly. "You asked me those questions on purpose knowing beforehand what my answer will be?"
"We asked those questions so we could be sure you were willing to put your trust in someone else. After what happened with Isabelle, we know how hard it's been for you and Roman to trust again," Alessandro said sadly.

"Yeah well I wasn't ready to trust again in all honesty. I..I didn't want to be in a relationship either. I'm broken in all ways, emotionally and mentally," I said lowly. "After what happened with Isabelle I had all intentions of blocking off all forms of communication. To be devoid of any emotion, to rebuild my empire after what that..bastard has done."
"Are you going to tell her about Isabelle?" Vincent inquired.

I pondered this question for a while. Should I tell Artemis about my previous mate? No. I won't tell her. I wasn't going to go down that lane, that dark lane where I lost myself. To grief. To pain. To misery and to a state of utter helplessness.
"I'm not telling her. I'm not going to taint her innocent mind with my past life," I murmured.

"Are you sure?" Vincent asked.
"Yes I'm sure. She has enough to worry about, to tell her about Isabelle, to load all my problems on her is just plain selfish," I stated as I leaned back in my leather swivel chair.
Just then there was a knock on the door.
"Come in," I called.
The door opened and in came my parents.
"Mom, Dad, is everything okay?" I asked standing up to greet them.