twenty-one >>> no choice

Lexa walks past me into the room

Lexa walks past me into the room. I walk in right behind her and shut the door once I'm in the room. I turn to face the commander once the door is shut seeing her looking around. I remain silent fearful of what's going through the girl's head. And as I stand there staring at her and taking her in I realize that no matter how angry she is with me or how terrible some of the situations were put through or in I'm so in love with her and I'd do anything, anything to protect her.

"You're joking right?" Lexa asks, causing me to blink and catch her green eyes. I tilt my head to the side waiting for her to elaborate. "You just give yourself up?"

"What was I suppose to do Lexa?" I ask taking a step forward.

"Not that!" Her voice rises and I shake my head.

"Look out of everyone here I'm the only reasonable option," I explain looking back and forth between her eyes. "Seriously Lexa. We can't use you. You're already a night blood. We both know they won't use Clarke, Abby, or Jackson. If Raven goes in she's guaranteed to die-"

"Okay and what's wrong with that?" Lexa asks, anger on her face. I shake my head anger crossing my face now.

"Seriously?" I raise my voice causing the commander to shrug her face blank but anger screaming in her eyes. "Are you...We're not killing anybody especially not Raven!"

Lexa rolls her eyes and I bite my lips crossing my arms over my chest looking to her. "Fine...What about Murphy and Emori?"

"It's not fair to them..." I let my voice trail a second then add, "Murphy's helped me a lot since the beginning even though I sort of hated him. And I just met Emori. She's been through a lot already and I don't want her to hate me for that."

"So you're just going to go in and possibly get yourself killed?" I clench my jaw and shake my head from side to side dropping my arms from my chest.

"We don't have any other option Lexa," I said, stepping forward again. "If we don't then everyone dies. I don't want that and I know you don't either."

"You are right. I don't want our people to die but putting yourself there in that position. You can't-"

"I can't what Lexa?" I ask cutting her off looking back and forth between her eyes. "Please explain to me what I can't do? You don't own me. I'm not one of your warriors or a grounder you get to toy with-"

"No but you're soon to be my wife! Does that not count for something? We should talk about this before we make a decision about putting your life on the line! I'm not losing you again. I can't!"

"You're not losing me Lexa-" I step forward and cup her face in my hands. Our eyes stay locked, tears filling in both of our eyes. "If it works we saved everyone. We saved our people." My voice was low as we locked at one another. Our eyes flicking back and forth between one another's.

"And if it doesn't work?" Lexa speaks softly, adding. "What then? What if the radiation kills you?"

"Then it kills me... The black rain is here Lexa. We don't have a choice, if there was we wouldn't be in this situation."